Bürger für Bürger Duisburg e. V.Brahmsstraße 5a
|Phone No.:||+49 2065 58463; +49 178 3641739|
|Fax No.:||+49 2065 900694|
|Contact person:||Rolf Karling|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Antiracism, policy of integration
The purpose of the non-profit association Duisburg Citizens for Citizens, founded in 2007, is to support needy persons. These are people who, as a result of their physical, mental or psychological condition are dependent on the help of others, or who are needy in terms of the Social Code.
The association has incorporated its work into the network of assistance programs for disadvantaged groups so that we can join others to provide assistance leading to a self-reliant life.
• Food aid: The main activity of our association is to support people with very low incomes, for example those living off benefits, those receiving benefits to top up their income to subsistence level, or pensioners living off a small pension, by providing them with everyday foods which have been donated. To this end, we operate seven of our own food banks in the Duisburg metropolitan area.
• Street ambulance. Our street ambulance goes to the sites in Duisburg, Neukirchen and Moers where most of our clients are to be found. The street ambulance team consists of 1 professor, 3 doctors, 3 nurses.
• Street work - Mobile Youth Services: we go directly into the places where people are living rough and who need our help urgently. Without the help of outreach workers most of the people affected have no chance of a "normal" life.
• Lifestyle support: We offer assistance in all aspects of daily life such as help with administrative formalities; support for health care; communication with marginalized groups. The association has incorporated its work into the network of assistance programs for disadvantaged groups so that we can join others to provide assistance leading to a self-reliant life.
• Romani Street newspaper: Our latest social project is the monthly publication of the street newspaper Romani. We have set ourselves two goals: We want to show local Romanies to counteract the many existing prejudices. At the same time the sale of the paper should add some money to the family budget of the needy sellers.
• The Hartzens Mountain Club: "Café and more" - this is a meeting place for the low paid. A very high proportion of those on benefits and poor pensioners isolate themselves from the outside world, and no longer participate in the common life of society. We want to establish communication with marginalized groups and to bring them together with other interested parties.
• Cafe Lotte - Advice and examination container: a specialised advice centre is to be created in an onsite counselling centre (working title "Café Lotte") in the brothel district. Various specialties will be represented, with particular focus on health counselling on site.
• Computer work: We offer a computer workstation to our customers on request, and can create CVs and other correspondence
• Free copying: our clients can make copies gratis.
• Free legal advice: The organisation of this is covered by the "Mensch ist Mench" organisation.
Rolf Karling is the President of Duisburd Citizens for Citizens.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.