Angelman Verein ÖsterreichMarokkanergasse 21/11
|Telefon:||+43 - 699 - 11 18 12 34|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Organisation d'aide
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
The Angelman Syndrome is a neuro-genetic disorder caused by a rare anomoly on chromosome 15 (micro-deletion of the mother's chromosome or disomie of one parent 5q11-13). Characteristics include developmental delay, cognitive handicap, hyperactivity and severely reduced speech development.
We are a group of affected parents and we want to support other people affected by the Angelman Syndrome.
The Austrian Angelman Syndrome Society was created in early 2011 with the following objectives:
• Exchange of experience between those concerned.
• Periodic meetings
• Organisation of charity events
• Networking with international organizations
• Funding of research projects
• Planning, financing and construction of the "Angelman house"
• International Angelman Day: This takes place every year on 15th February and is organized in cooperation with many international Angelman Syndrome Organisations. The day has been established to raise awareness around the world of the Angelman Syndrome. To this end, a variety of events and actions are planned worldwide.
• Angelman House: The goal is lifelong financial security and a life tailored to the individual needs of those affected by the Angelman syndrome.
The Angleman House provides:
• Lifelong care of up to 10 people in a residential group.
• Weekend and emergency care of Angelman children and youths as respite for their families.
Work and leisure
• Workshops for the practice of a fulfilling activity
• Communal area for meals, entertainment and parties
• Therapy room for treatments.
• Angelman House is to serve as an information centre for those affected.
Jürgen Otzelberger is the deputy treasurer of the Austrian Angelman Syndrome Society.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.