EFRAH- Empowerment for Rehabilitation Academic & HealthCommunity Centre, 2nd Floor, Behind Mini , D D A Flats,
KALKAJI, New Delhi - 110019
|Phone No.:||+91 11 26020132, +91 11 29946107|
|Fax No.:||+91 11 26020132|
|Contact person:||Sayeed Ahmed|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Educational policy/project
EFRAH- Empowerment for Rehabilitation Academic & Health is a Charity Organisation came in legal existence on 1999 getting legal entity with a mission "to work for the holistic development of people living in dehumanized and deprived situation in the society without any discrimination, caste, creed and religion".EFRAH is functioning through child centered community development approach and advocacy is a part of our each program. We adopted “education and rights” as a tool for social change particularly among informal economy as well as unorganized community. At community level, we organize community in their peer groups and orient/capacitate them for concerned matters along with group management. The core area of EFRAH intervention is Education (Facilitating children through Education learning centers, Vocational Training centers, mainstreaming the children with school, Advocating implementation and importance of social & financial Entitlment to Poor and marginilsed) , Livelihood (Self Help Group formation, Micro Finance & placement of students capacitated through vocational training), Health (RCH Awareness & HIV/AIDS prevention among female sex workers and migrant labors) and Rights (Advocacy for Child Rights, domestic violence and sexual harassment related to Adolescent girls/Women).
To build a society based on promoting socio economic justice, social sensitivity and empowering deprived group in manner that they become self-reliant and work collectively for social change.
EFRAH believes in the basic capacities of people to develop as useful citizens capable of managing their affairs and contributing towards the development of the resources to make the community become economically self-reliant with active participation of Children and women.
Programmes and projects:
• Education- EFRAH mainstreamed more 17000 out of school children into school. Running 30 educational centers for Rag Pickers, Children working in Garment Industries as well as child labourer. The organisation provided mid day meal to the children for supplement nutrition to improve nutritional level and bridge up the gap to next meal.
• Vocational and Life Skills Training centers: more than 400o women and adolescents girls training provided skill training for earn livelihood and supported rgeir families. Running 10 fashion designing and Embroidery Course; computer, Beauty Culture, Accountancy, BPO calling courses etc. at their respective community.
• Health Programme: RCH program provides preventive, curative and health promotion of the women and children with special focus on adolescent girls and women has been reduce maternal, child mortality and morbidity. Provide services to commercial sex worker to increase awareness about STD/HIV/AIDS among the clinic attendees and targeted HRG Population (CSWs) and enhance knowledge and skills for prevention from high risk diseases and safe practice behavior of them for sexual interaction.
• Networking and Advocacy: We gave major thrust to evolve the ground for governance and leadership among marginalized and deprived community. In this regard community based groups as Agan Samooh, Community Resource Management Group (CRMG) and Adolescents Awaereness Groups is functioning in area. Agan Samooh is functioing at block level while CRMG is functioing at area level with a purpose to raise the community needs in their respective area on education, health and entitlement related matters.
Sayeed Ahmed is the Secretary of EFRAH (Empowerment for Rehabilitation Academic and Health).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.