Freundeskreis Arusha/Tanzania e.V.
Bildung für Massai-KinderCanzow 3
|Telefon:||+49 (0)3963 211869|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Organisation d'aide
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
The ostrich breeder Harald Pfeiffer from Canzow, inear Woldegk, in Mecklenburg West Pomerania, Germany, launched the Arusha Friends' Association in 2003. At that time he decided to provide aid where his ostriches came from - Africa. He was determined to help children, and 100% of any aid should reach the project area. With this in mind, he had to create his own projects and to organize and implement them together with the local people i.e. to help them to help themselves.
The Arusha, Tanzania Friends' Association is registered in Woldegk. We support the Masai people on Mount Meru, by financing preschools, teacher training and water supply pipes and we have built a small clinic. We believe in helping people to help themselves. This means that we collect the money and run the projects jointly with the Masai..
Since 2008, Harald Pfeiffer has visited the Masai villages once a year with some club members or friends of the association, to show them the progress of the school building or the water projects, but also so that they can experience the hospitality of the Masai.
In "our" Masai villages we have used donations ...
• to build schools: The schools have been financed by donations to the Association. The contracts for the construction and planning of buildings have gone to local people. So on the one hand the people in the region benefit, on the other hand, the people appreciate the new features more than they would mere gifts.
• to train teachers
• to introduce school meals
• to install water pipes: We have funded more than 20 kilometers of water pipes in recent years, from a source in the mountain down to "our" villages.
• to build an infirmary: In the small hospital with a catchment area of about 12,000 people, for example pregnant women and children can receive medical care, including the treatment of malaria, which is a priority.
• to provide a warm meal a day for every schoolchild. We achieve this by arranging sponsorships. With a donation of only 30 euros, sponsors can finance the school meals for a child for one year.
Harald Pfeiffer is the founder and President of the Arusha, Tanzania, Friends' Association.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.