Social Development International (SODEIT) Cameroon
Social Justice and Economic Development for AllP.O.Box 44; Bonduma Village, Near The Community Hall
Buea, South West Region
|Telefon:||(+237) 9957 6066; (+237) 3313 3761; (+237) 7450 5791; (+237) 3307 7461|
|Telefax:||(+237) 3332 3667|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Organisation d'aide
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
Social Development International (SODEIT) is a social development and relief organization which is not for profit, non governmental and non discriminating charity organization with the vision of working for the practical realization of sustainable social development initiatives by protecting the vulnerable and risky population and their communities.
SODEIT was formed in December 2005 with the aim of promoting social and economic transformation for the poor and underserved population. To become agents of positive change irrespective of their nationality, class, color, race or social status; through personal transformation practices, social change training, education, advocacy, health, and charity. It is staffed by dedicated volunteers and sustained financially by individuals, organizations and foundations who support its mission.
SODEIT works to help children, adolescent and care-givers live a better life. At the same time, our organization pays specific attention to women and youths who are the most vulnerable population with respect to inequality, discrimination, poverty and human rights abuse in our communities. These cruel vices, mostly affecting women, youths and children, hinder personal development, equality, peace, and human progress in general.
SODEIT is set up to carry out and facilitate research, trainings, and advocacy initiatives which significantly examines and documents practices, policies and actions of individuals, organizations/institutions which impedes the proper dispatch and recognition of social and economic justice for all in communities. It also exists to put in place proactive and participatory parameters to facilitate sustainable social development of social and economic justice, peace and security.
• Social Risk, Vulnerability Awareness and Management: The activity´s main goal is to foster community interest on social risk and vulnerability issues, problems and challenges and prepare people to stand up to eradicate social risk and vulnerability of societies at risk. Also, it creates a platform for refugees and IDPs to discover and develop their potentials while working for safer and more secure cities.
• Poverty Reduction: This aims to build the capacity of poor and middle income communities to design and implement effective poverty reduction strategies; customized "best practices" to leverage the resources of poor communities to fight against the deprivation, vulnerability of powerlessness of poverty working within the frame work of poverty reduction strategy (PRS), during all stages/in analyzing and evaluation of specific set of poverty reduction policies and activities. Economic initiatives include land, labor, capital development, entrepreneurial and technological initiatives to solve unemployment.
• The Risky and Vulnerable Population: Activity assures the safety and maximizes the well-being of children and youth through the provision of services to prevent delinquency and abuse of children and youth. In addition, it promotes women economic empowerment, aging, disable care and development.
• Health and Society: It works for the health of mothers, children and their communities using networking and advocacy to strengthen local structures and institutions through collaboration, cross learning and enhance technical resources, strategies and exchange of volunteers, infant, maternal and child health, nutrition, family planning, HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria and infectious diseases.
• Water, Agriculture and Environmental Protection Management: We educate and sensitize schools and communities on healthy farming, and environmental management practices. As water goes with agriculture and environment, we also sensitize and educate on water system development and sanitation in schools and communities.
Suliaman Turay is the Executive Director & CEO of Social Development International - SODEIT Cameroon
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.