Mayurbhanj Biological Research (MBR)Bhanjpur,Baripada, Mayurbhanj
|Phone No.:||+91 (0)9437239929; +91 (0)6792-255993|
|Fax No.:||+91 (0)6792-253766|
|Contact person:||Samir Kumar Sahu|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Environmental project
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Educational policy/project
Mayurbhanj Biological Research (MBR) is a scientific research and social, non-profit, nonpolitical, non-religious, non- governmental charitable organization. MBR was established in 1999 with a view to conserve and research on the flora & fauna of Similipal, & the other Biosphere Reserves of India. With a motto of protection of five "J´s" of Environment (Jal, jamin, Jungle, Jan, and Jeevan) in the course of time MBR got involved in Bioscientific activities for the interest of the global people.
The mission of MBR is to assimilate and share knowledge about nature with a systematic approach in order to improve scientific values through education, health, agriculture, biotechnology, molecular biology, bioscience activities, economic development, energy, build insights, and enable individual and collective advancement in scientific research and study of biological diversity and conservation of complex environment and social issues facing society today throughout the world.
Vision of MBR:
To promote scientific research, Bio-scientific activities, adoption of value base technology for sustainable rural & agriculture development, leaping towards a free from poverty and hunger social order, ensure safe portable drinking water in all village, establishing gender & social equality, and conserving & judicious use of our biological diversity with a global perspective in a sustainable manner and to protect the earth for future.
Equation of MBR:
Good science + Good Process + Good people = Conservation Success
Programmes and Campaigns:
• Environment Conservation Programme
• Water Conservation Programme
• Conservation Agriculture Programme
• Green Wave Campaign
• Gender Empowerment Programme
• Socioeconomic Programme
• Health and Nutrition Awareness Programme
• Malaria, HIV/AIDS, T.B. Awareness Programme:
• Primitive Tribes Development and Research
• National Environmental Awareness Campaign
• Child Labour Eradication Programme:
• Cultural Programme:
• Training and Capacity Building Programme:
• Seminar and Training attend by MBR:
• Documentation and Networking:
• Mobilisation of Govt. Resources etc..
Samir Kumar Sahu is the Founder- Executive Director of Mayurbhanj Biological Research (MBR).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.