Villages Improvement & Society Welfare Association (VISWA)1st Floor, Pyaro Khan Khoso Building near Bus Stop Matiari
70150 Matiari, Sindh
|Telefon:||+92-22-2760336; + (92) 333 2722988|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Droits de l'Homme
- Politique de la paix
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
Villages Improvement & Society Welfare Association (VISWA) is a non-governmental, non-political, and not for profit organization. It was established in 1994 for the socio economic development of backward and economically unstable communities.
VISWA works for vulnerable segments of society. Its slogan is Development creates Peace
An engendered development that enables marginalized majority taking appropriate actions for the rights to achieving quality life for all.
Socio-political and ecologically strengthening of society so that human equity and equality could be achieved by fostering economic development and rights regime.
Goal & objectives
To strive for improving the quality of life
• by improving all aspects of the quality of education and ensure the excellence of all in rural and marginalized communities so that recognized and measurable learning outcomes are achieved by all, especially in literacy, numeracy and essential life skills.
• by empowering communities with special focus on women & youth through group formation, capacity building and Networking.
• by undertaking policy level advocacy and conduct and research on related themes and design appropriate intervention.
• by providing access to basic health, improve functioning of existing services and hygiene education through community mobilization and participation.
• by facilitating mechanism which promotes tolerance, social harmony and peace in society.
• by empowering youth and promote indigenous leadership so that they become a source of real change in local communities.
• by developing the basic community infrastructure for bringing improvement in their standard of living.
• by developing the means of sustainable livelihood for the targeted communities through skill development and extension of the services of microfinance.
• by struggling to achieve all Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
• Community Empowerment: Capacity Building & Social Mobilization; Mainstreaming of PWDs (Person with Disabilities); Access of community to Decision Making
• Democracy & Human Rights: Democratic Education; Awareness of UDHR, CRC, CEDAW; Protection of Human Rights
• Peace and Conflict Resolution: Creating Religious Harmony; Protecting Religious Minority; Spreading Peace Education
• Women Empowerment: Socio- Economic Development; Women Rights & Democratic Education; Elimination of Violence against Women
• Youth Empowerment: Youth Groups; Political & Democratic Education; Youth & Human Rights Awareness
• Disaster Risk Reduction: Prevention, Mitigation and Preparedness (PMP); Forming & Educating Emergency Rescue Groups (ERG)
• Environment Protection: Natural Resource Management; Healthy Environment Awareness; Tree Plantation
• Education: Formal Education (FE); Non - Formal Education (NFE)
• Health &Hygiene: Basic Health (BH); Hepatitis/ HIV / Aids; Mother and Child Healthcare (MCHC); Water , Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH)
• Advocacy & Lobbying: Advocacy for Rights; Forming & Educating community
• Research &Training: Scientific and Participatory Research; Capacity Building by trainings;
• Livelihood: Vocational Trainings / Institution; Community Resource Mobilization; Marketing Handicrafts & Products; Livestock; Micro Financing for Small Business Initiative
• Agriculture: Land Reforms; Land Rights; Agro Scientific & Modern Methods initiates
Rahmatullah Turk is the Executive Director of Villages Improvement & Society Welfare Association (VISWA).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.