Kisumu Disabled Self help Group (KDSHG)P.O.Box 3994 ; Oginga Oginga Street
40100 Kisumu, Nyanza
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Droits de l'Homme
Kisumu Disabled Self help Group (KDSHG) is a community development organization, non-partisan, non-political, non-profit making organization based in western Kenya. KDSHG started its operations beginning of 2003 as a non-profit community based organization.
The organization works closely with the relevant government ministries at all levels, other NGOs/CBOs, Aid and development agencies whose interest concerns promotion and improvement of quality of life for men and women in rural and urban poor communities. Since inception the organization has been able to implement the following projects: civic education and awareness programs, community health projects and income generating projects.
Vision: To see a society where people with disabilities are healthy and are actively involved in development initiatives.
Mission: To involve people with disabilities in activities that promotes dignity and well being through engaging them in advocacy, information dissemination and socio-economic empowerment programmes
We seek to harness and create synergy within the support from a range of actors, financial and non-financial, in the HIV/AIDS, advocacy and micro finance sectors in Kenya.
• KDSHG engages young people with disabilities in social entrepreneurship in which we integrate livelihood into health efforts.
• We train these young people in business and technical skills, mentoring them into business venture then providing them with seed funds for start up businesses or boost the existing ones. During these trainings, we also build their capacity in HIV/AIDS/RH.
• KDSHG advocates for the rights of young people with disabilities through civic education and awareness.
• KDHSG also implement programmes that focus on socio-economic empowerment of orphans and vulnerable children. We educate them, provide them with basic needs and address their health issues among others.
• KDSHG implements programmes that address community health in general. These programmes focus on HIV/AIDS and other STIs prevention, reproductive health and drug and alcohol abuse.
• KDSHG also facilitates formation of health clubs within schools to address issue of risky sexual behaviors which leads to early pregnancy and STI infections
• Community development;
• Disability issues;
• Education and training;
• HIV/AIDS, TB, malaria, health and medical
Joseph Omondi is a Director of Kisumu Disabled Self help Group (KDSHG).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.