Developing Education in AfricaP.O. Box 435
MA 01583 West Boylston
|Dirección de Internet:||http://www.anikefoundation.org|
- Ayudantes voluntarios serán bienvenidos.
- Organización de apoyo
- Política / Proyecto de educación
- Proyecto colectivo/comunal
On February 3, 2007 Anike Foundation was incorporated as a Massachusetts public nonprofit foundation. We believe that a fundamental cause of poverty and low standard of living in the world is mass illiteracy. Thus, anything that reduces mass illiteracy in any region of the world will inevitably reduce poverty and elevate the standard of living of the affected people.
Anike Foundation is a community of people who share a common belief that abundant resources in the developed world, channeled appropriately, could alleviate the problem of illiteracy in Africa. Our volunteers come from various backgrounds and cultures across the globe. We believe in building bridges across cultures.
We chose to focus our efforts on Africa because, despite globalization in the twenty-first century, Africa remains, by far, the most impoverished continent in the world. Our goal is to contribute to the improvement of education and, thereby, reduction of poverty, in Africa.
A world in which people in underdeveloped and developing countries have similar access to educational facilities and infrastructure as those in developed countries.
Our core mission is to promote educational development in Africa by providing educational resources from developed nations to needy institutions in Africa.
Our secondary mission is the education of Africans and non-Africans alike about Africa.
What we do
We gather educational resources from institutional and individual donors in developed nations and distribute them to needy institutions in Africa.
Such resources include, but are not limited to:
• educational books
• educational magazines
• computer peripherals
• learning tools
• Youth Literacy Program, Kedjom Koku, Cameroon: Anike Foundation is partnering with Youth Concept Forum Building Aspirants (YOCOFOBA) for the education of Cameroonian youth by providing educational resources such as computers, laptops, whiteboards and cabinets.
• Construction of a toilet facility, Mityana, Uganda: Anike Foundation is constructing a toilet facility for the pupils of Maanyi parents´ day & boarding primary school (MPPS) Uganda.
Segun Ige is the President and Founder of Anike Foundation.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.