Youth Service Organization (YSO)
Educate. Involve. Inspire.
|Contact person:||Pacifique Ndayishimiye|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
The Youth Service Organization (YSO) is a nongovernmental youth-led organization founded in 2005 and based in Rwanda. The purpose of YSO is to provide a platform for successive generations of activists and entrepreneurs. The Youth Service Organization educates, involves and inspires underprivileged youth on health improvement and initiatives of creativity work to develop and nurture talents, skills and knowledge of disadvantaged young people.
• Identify needs of our community through community development outreach and build sustainable, professional health improvement in Rwanda aimed at youth development and provide youth participants tools and resources for effective action to improve living standards of vulnerable youth.
• Create opportunities that will empower vulnerable youth to engage in active citizenship through education and community development.
• To educate, involve and inspire young people on their roles and to encourage youth to play an active role in promoting and implementing Public Health legislature in a real world sense.
• Youth Empowerment & Education Program: Gender empowerment program; Entrepreneurship and start-ups initiatives
• Community Development Program: Income generating program; Environmental protection program
• Public Health Program: HIV/AIDS awareness raising and family planning program; Hygiene, water and sanitation program; Maternal and child health improvement program
• Annual Writing and Debate Competition: The debate and writing competition for rural secondary school students organized by YSO is aimed at promoting the expression of ideas and thoughts in constructive ways.
• GICSAD Project: Gymnast children participate in the "Gymnast to Improve Cooking Stoves Against Deforestation" (GICSAD) to educate the community in order to combat deforestation.
• The IDARC project uses dance as major dialogue tool to support integration of the discriminated Batwa minority. Dance plays a major role in Rwandan civil, economic and social life.
• HARH Project: The project provides accurate information on sexual reproductive health, family planning and HIV/AIDS prevention to out-of-school girls and adolescent mothers.
Pacifique Ndayishimiye is the Founder of the Youth Service Organization (YSO).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.