Youth Advocates Ghana-YAGP.O. Box 294
|Telefon:||00233 206077870; /00233 242 842 833|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Organisation d'aide
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
Youth Advocates Ghana-YAG is a 2012 registered Non Government Organization working to break the cycle of poverty through educational scholarship programmes, youth empowerment and community development initiatives. We are a grassroot organization dedicated to engage, educate and empower disadvantaged children and young people who are often uncounted for and unheard.
We envision a day when children and young people can live a fulfilled life, and walk in the fullness of their potential
The mission of YAG is to restore hope, educate and improve the well-being of vulnerable children, young people and their communities. We do this in two key ways. First, we work to ensure vulnerable and orphaned children are offered the opportunity of education through child educational scholarships. Secondly, we work to ensure children are treated as citizens worthy of dignity and respect, with their needs met and rights upheld
• Empower and promote access to information to young people on sexual and reproductive health
• Offer scholarship to needy children through child sponsorships and scholarship programmes
• Promote child protection and children´s rights
• Promote active youth participation in policy formulation, decision making process and community development.
• Child Sexual Abuse Prevention: We are focusing our projects on empowering children against the abuse of their rights through the formation of children clubs in schools across our operational communities. This clubs under their own local patrons and executive members will carry out activities ranging from child sexual abuse awareness ,child rights, HIV/AIDS, and sexual and reproductive health rights.
• Educate One Child Project: Our organization decided to give a good number of street children scholarships to primary and junior high schools. Since then, we have partnered with the Ghana Education Service, Nsawam Adoagyiri Municipality to sponsor over 30 children to primary and Junior High Schools. Sponsorship covers books, uniforms, school related costs and food.
• YAG Clubs in schools
• Adolescent Reproductive Health: The young, however, also have the best chance of changing behaviour that puts them at risk for HIV and other sexually transmitted infections—if they have unbiased and accurate information to help them make decisions. To provide that information, the Adolescent Reproductive Health Project seeks to mobilize teachers, parents, religious and community leaders, and a cadre of peer educators to engage young people in conversations about sexual behaviour and reproductive health.
• Adolescent HIV Free Project: The Adolescents HIV Free Project is designed to contribute to the prevention of HIV among adolescents and young people in the Akuapem South District of the Eastern Region of Ghana. YAG in partnership with the web foundation, Netherlands has translated BOBO animated films into Twi to stimulate the discussion about HIV/AIDS to enable youngsters to talk about HIV/AIDS and sexuality.
Emmanuel Ametepey is the Executive President of Youth Advocates Ghana-YAG.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.