Verein zur Förderung heilpädagogischer Heime in Israel e. V.Heidelberger Str. 45
|Phone No.:||+47 (0)176 83239744|
|Contact person:||Martin Jakob|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Educational policy/project
"TAMLI" is an acronym standing for the Hebrew initials of our association; the Association for the Promotion of Curative Homes in Israel.
• Our association was founded in 1991 and is registered as a non-profit organisation. Our voluntary workers aid the "Beit Uri" Home for the Handicapped, in northern Israel.
• Our main task is to send motivated volunteers from throughout Germany to Beit Uri.
• We also support the Home with financial and material donations.
• We place German youths and young adults in BEIT URI, an idyllic, small Home for the Handicapped.
• As TAMLI members have all served as volunteers in BEIT URI, we are well placed to prepare, advise and monitor the volunteers we place.
BEIT URI is an anthroposophic Home of Curative Education in Givat Hamoreh / Afula in northern Israel, near Nazareth and Haifa. Approximately 80 people aged 5 - 50 live there. They have different disabilities, from mild physical and mental problems to multiple serious disabilities. The inhabitants work mostly in various small sheltered workshops: There is a candle, a paper and ceramics workshop, a basketry, cabinet-making, weaving and gardening workshops. Younger residents attend the Home's own school. There are also music, sports, and eurhythmy lessons. Recreational amenities of the residents include horse riding, swimming, bowling and trips to the surroundings.
Martin Jakob is on the Committee of Tamli.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.