Creative Engagement for a Better Lifec/o Katharina Poggendorf-Kakar, House No. 536 Pulwaddo Pequeno, Benaulim, Salcete
|Phone No.:||+91 832 278 8865; +91 9820 039 110|
|Contact person:||Juhi Pandey|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Women's policy
Tara Trust is a registered non-profit organization, founded in 2008 in Goa, India, with the mission to empower, educate and enable the underprivileged, especially children and women, to improve their lives.
The Objective is to motivate children within the marginalized communities coming from conflict driven households, economically low backgrounds, or either orphaned or abandoned, to not only stay in school but to gain an understanding and appreciation of the importance of education. To develop a confidence within themselves to pursue a higher education and a sense of self-determination, enabling them to aspire for a better life.
Our Method of using creative engagement to encourage a child´s personal growth is driven by the belief that in following traditional forms of education alone we are neglecting an integral part of one´s self development. We conduct extensive art based and creative workshops along with numerous intercultural programs and activities, which supports the discovery of each child´s own abilities enabling them to reach their full potential.
Art Heals - With this motto in mind, Tara Trust endeavors to build confidence and motivation among the children participating in their workshops and programs, while exposing them to the world outside their comfort zone.
• Weekly Workshops: Life-Skills & Self-Development; Creative Engagement Programs for Children with special Needs; English Programs
• Awareness Programs: Special Workshops; Summer Camp Program; Theater Workshops; Teachers Training Program
• 1000 Crane Project: This Project is an initiative of Tara Trust to conduct exchange programs which connect the underprivileged children from Goa to the rest of India, by travelling to various cities, living and learning with other children, in order to become sensitized about the world outside their homes. To be motivated to finish school, and inspired to build goals and grow to understand the environment, cultures and people thru the medium of art and creativity.
• India Support Project: The Jamyang School is a secular boarding school with the aim of offering free education, as well as guiding children in ethically and environmentally friendly behavior; The Shalini Fellowship Program; Naveen Nursery
• Woman´s Livelihood Program: This program aims to empower women through craft skills. The objective of this project is to form cohesive women´s groups with exceptional craft skills. With the successfully implementation of this program, we will be able to empower women and increase their financial security.
Juhi Pandey is the Project Director of Tara Trust.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.