Involving People, Building Democracy15 Eskaton Garden Road, Ramna
|Phone No.:||+88-02-9330405, +88 02 9344225-6, +8801713122620|
|Contact person:||Wazed Feroj|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Educational policy/project
- Human rights
- Peace politics
Democracywatch is an NGO working in promotion of democracy and good governance in Bangladesh since 1995. It conducts training and runs projects with a vision to build awareness on democracy and good governance. It also carries out research and opinion poll on different social and political dimensions. Democracywatch emphasizes most on education and awareness building of the young adults and women in the society.
Towards this end, it runs courses on Lifestyle, Democracy Training Program, Internship Project with the Parliamentarians, IELTS, Basic Computing and English for General Purpose. Side by side, quiz, debate, dialogue session, and workshop on various issues of democracy are regularly carried out in an attempt to raise the confidence level of the youths.
Democracywatch aims to establish good governance and uphold human rights through strengthening democratic institutions and the electoral process; building nationwide network of civil society organisations including NGO/CBO/Media/Trade Unions/ professional groups; sensitising stakeholders about gender and promoting rule of law.
• Strengthen democracy and make people aware of its value and culture whith protects and respects human rights and ensures good governance.
• Establish a society that respects human rights of all, especially women, children minority marginalized and disadvantaged community.
• Ascertain free and fair electoral process through which people elect appropriate representatives for enacting right policies for propagating democratic culture for ensuring development.
• Set up strong national and local government at all levels that are pro-people, accountable, responsive and transparent.
• Develop conscious citizens, foster leadership quality of youth and women to become change agents for propagating social equity.
• Eradicate poverty by creating enabling environment of transparency and accountability and developing opportunities for quality livelihood of people
• Governance activities: election monitoring/media monitoring; Human rights initiatives; journalist training on human rights reporting; monitoring human rights violation; democracy training programme; People´s Reporting Centre (PRC)
• Human Resource Program: Computer Course; English Course; Cyber Kids; English for Kids; Lifestyle Classes
• APARAJITA: Political Empowerment of Women
• People´s Action for Democratic Governance (PADG)
• Election Program
• Promoting Access to Information in Local Governance
• LDP: Community (youth and community leaders) Initiatives for strengthening democratic governance and development (LDP);
• Justice for all
• Enhancing Community Engagement in Union Parishad Budget for Promoting Social Accountability
Wazed Feroj is the Deputy Executive Director of Democracywatch.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.