Himalaya Hilfe Freiburg e.V.Ferdinand-Kopf-Str. 6a
|Phone No.:||+49 (0)761-29 09 324|
|Contact person:||Thomas Meierwisch|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
The non-profit organisation "Freiburg Aid for the Himalayas" arose out of a private initiative in 2004. Its members support projects for the people of Nepal.
The purpose of the association is the tangible and intangible support of needy people in the Himalayan regions of Nepal by measures of development aid, such as ...
• the construction and expansion of school buildings and the procurement of equipment including teaching and learning aids
• financing schooling through the acquisition of individual sponsorships of schoolchildren
• health care measures
• measures in the social sphere
It began in 2004 with an idea that the Nepalese Bhim Phanta came up with while visiting Germany. Under his own initiative, he built a school in his home village in the late 1990s. He campaigned with his friends from around the world to provide financial support for the further development of the school. Soon the idea of a calendar was born, which was initially handwritten in an edition of 250 copies in its first year.
Since then there have already been 9 calendars and a growing organization has come into being, with many dedicated members. Together we have started new activities such as the sale of handmade goods from Nepal to several Christmas markets and in Mundologia, the Freiburg Festival of Photography, Adventure and Travel. And on the back of this success, we have been able to pursue our ultimate goal - the financing and implementation of educational projects in the Himalayan regions.
• Solar energy for schools in Nepal
• The new kindergarten with its integrated primary school in the children's village of Bhakunde – with four rooms and two toilets.
• The renovation of Belbhangjang Primary School - a new metal roof, a stone floor for 5 classrooms and finally toilets.
Together with the initiative "Help4Nepal" and our friends in the Freiburger Nepalese Association. we are currently providing financial first aid to the smaller NGOs that look after the villages in the earthquake zone.
Thomas Meierwisch is the president of Freiburg Aid for the Himalayas.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work. .