InteGREATer e.V.Weißfrauenstraße 12-16
60311 Frankfurt am Main
|Phone No.:||+49 (0)6990755671|
|Fax No.:||+49 (0)69920394510|
|Contact person:||Constanze Matthiessen|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Antiracism, policy of integration
- Educational policy/project
- Aid organization
InteGREATer, founded in Frankfurt in 2010, is a private, non-profit organisation.
Studies carried out by the BAMF (Federal Office for Migration and Refugees) in 2009 showed that foreigners are under-represented in every part or the education system. The main reason for this was given as the lower level of school education. A common reason for the poor education and training of young people with an immigrant background is a lack of knowledge of the German education system and the opportunities it offers.
The association sets itself the task of teaching parents and children with an immigration background about the importance of education. In particular, they need to know about the structure of the German education system. In addition, we explain the alternative paths to a school leaving certificate or to success in a job and the importance of education as a key to integration. The association also aims to promote and support the political consciousnees of migrants and their inclusion in public affairs. We seek to broaden the education perspectives of parents and children with an immigration background.
• Talks and panel discussions with the aim of raising public awareness of successful migrants, improving information through the print media, public relations, events etc.
• Careers advice and guidance, support for vocational training;
• Help with orientation, promotion in the area of education by supporting the career choices of young migrants. For this we contact the Regional Office of the Federal Employment Agency and other vocational institutions and projects, in order to be able to broker placements;
• Help with orientation and advancement in school settings; we want to work closely with projects aimed at children and youths with an immigration background in Hessian educational institutions and their parents; we intend to further the network of institutional measures and initiatives in the field of the educational advancement of migrants;
• Providing courses / training for parents and young people with an immigration background, in particular by creating additional facilities to promote successful schooling and an awareness of the importance of education;
• Advising, mentoring and coaching young people with an immigration background in family, personal and professional issues.
The association consists of associate members and the so-called "InteGREATers". Associate members support us financially and organisationally. The InteGREATers, young people with an immigration background between the ages of 17 and 32, coming from all over Germany, give talks in state schools, cultural centres and mosques. They tell parents, school pupils and other interested parties about their own successful education and which factors have played a role in that. These young migrants, with their authentic stories, can become convincing role models.
The aim of these events is to motivate, sensitise and inform the public. The basic motto of InteGREATer is "If we can do it, so can you!"
Constanze Matthiessen works in the project management of InteGREATer.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.