Schule fürs Leben e.V.
Bildung und Persönlichkeitsentwicklung für mittellose Kinder und JugendlicheSchwarzburgstraße 10
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Organisation d'aide
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Projet d'environnement
"School for Life" is a non-profit, charitable organisation founded in 2003 and based in Frankfurt, Germany. Its aim is to offer destitute children and juveniles an education and to enable them to develop their character. "School for Life", together with partners in Germany and Columbia, our project country, develops educational projects which can finance themselves after ten years at most. The organisation helps to initiate, build and run schools and vocational workshops.
Alongside the three Rs, the students learn how to lead an appropriate way of life as well as developing their artistic, manual, sports and foreign language skills. With the help of a holistic personality development programme, young people become multiplicators, who can achieve sustainable changes in their homeland. Together with locals, "School for Life" has initiated and developed three accompanying measures, in order that the schools and workshops can be independent of German subsidies:
• The establishment of a network of long-term, agreed financing of running costs. This involves as many public, private, commercial and non-profit supporters in the project country as possible.
• The building up of so-called "social businesses" to raise money. "School for Life" raises awareness of particular local potential such as bamboo in Columbia or the naturopathic knowledge of the indigenous peoples and helps to develop them as an economic factor.
• International exchange in the social projects – learning together by working together.
The Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development,has been the most important partner of the "School for Life". Since 2004, the association has received funding for schools, training workshops, training activities and international exchanges. Our partner in Columbia is the Fundación Escuela para la Vida, with whom we have had a trusting and cooperative working relationship since our foundation in 2003. .
• Colegio de las Aguas: The first major educational project of the "School for Life" was a school with training workshops for destitute children and youths in the hometown of the initiator and founder of our organisation, Andrés Bäppler. • Talleres de las Aguas: training workshops: education and further education for young people with and without previous school knowledge.
• Bamboo forest 10: A huge garden of bamboo forest and horticultural land is to be planted in the next few years. This will create training workshops and jobs for destitute youngsters. The forest is the school!
• School for the Indo Misak community
Clara Seipel is responsible for PR for the "School for Life".
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.