RüstungsInformationsBüro e.V. RIBSühlingerstraße 7
|Telefon:||+49 (0)761 - 76 78 -088|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Politique de la paix
- Politique + projet d'éducation
The Armament Information Office (RIB) is an archive for the peace movement. We collect information about arms production and export, but also about many other aspects of peace work and the anti-war movement, in that we reveal the origin of the German weapons which kill people all over the world. We support campaigns and activities which seek to prevent the export of weapons and the qualitative upgrade of armaments.
• to make cooperation between individuals and groups wanting to work for peace easier;
• to raise public awareness of the problems of peace and strife;
• to develop or spread models for the conversion of the armaments industry from military to civil production;
• the purpose of the organisation is to make an active contribution towards spreading the idea of international understanding.
To achieve this objective, we work together with scientific institutions at home and abroad. We operate and promote the publication and distribution of information relevant to peace policies.
• to thwart the activities of arms dealers – help prevent war crimes.
• the RIB, based in Freiburg, has been working in the anti-militarist field since 1992. We aim to research and reveal arms production and exports. Our particular focus is on weapons companies and traders in Baden-Württemberg. Our latest campaign concerns the "G36" assault rifle produced by Heckler&Koch in Oberndorf. We urge the Federal Goverment not to issue any license agreements, to terminate old contracts and to stop production.
• We provide information on the current national campaign against small arms such as the G36, as well as on the founding of DAKS (German Network to Stop Small Arms).
• We also work at a local level in the Freiburg Peace Forum, where we collaborate with other peace and human rights groups. There, we organise events, discussion evenings, demonstrations and workshops. In direct collaboration with the Freiburg Regional Group of the German Peace Society – United Opponents of Military Service – we support local anti-war work by providing information and helping with coordination.
• Our RIB archive contains files on various topics such as arms production companies, different types of weapons (such as anti-personnel mines) and also on war zones, non-violent alternatives, peace research and much more.
• We evaluate militaristic magazines as well as publications of the peace movement. With these materials we launched the campaign FIVE FOR PEACE, which calls for an annual reduction in the armaments budget, allowing the money to be invested in social and peace projects. Qualitative disamament should not be forgotten.
• Waldkircher Statement
• We don't buy Mercedes!
• Our future – no atomic weapons
• Five for Peace
• Ask your Member of Parliament!
Stephan Möhrle is on the committee of RIB – The Armaments Information Office.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.