SHAPLA MOHILA SANGSTHA (SMS)Momin Mension(3rd floor), Old Bus Stand, Goalchamot
|Phone No.:||+88-63165640; +88-01712225649|
|Contact person:||Chanchala Mondal|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Human rights
- Social policy/disabled persons
Shapla Mohila Sangstha (SMS) is a local women headed welfare organization working in the development field since 1997. As women are the most disadvantaged and vulnerable population and facing various difficulties in our society, we have decided to work for the betterment of women who represent half of the population in our country. SMS is based at Faridpur district and working in Faridpur, Rajbari and Tangail districts.
SMS is committed to improving the quality of lives of marginalized people by established human rights, education, better health. Our goal is to promote active processes for inclusion of the socially marginalized and stigmatized people
• Empower the socially marginalized people enable them to have better control on their health, lives situation and environment.
• Provide knowledge and education on how to make them economically sustainable in the family.
• Develop strategic linkage for marginalized people for better opportunities in skill and income generating activities.
• Protect marginalized children from all sorts of abuse
SMS started its mission to promote human rights, and economic condition of the following target people:
• Sex workers and their children (brothel based, hotel based, and floating sex workers).
• Slum dwellers and their children (Bihari Colony, Rabidas Palli, and Lalan Nagar).
• Street children
• Rickshaw pullers;
• College students.
• Drug users;
• Adolescents from the excluded communities.
• Women from the excluded communities.
• River erosion families
• APARAJITO, Save the Children, Bangladesh.
• Empowerment of communities in the face of HIV / AIDS through STAR
• Liberation and empowerment: Attaining dignity and rights for sex workers and their children in Bangladesh (LEADR)
• Prevention of AIDS through increasing knowledge – (PATHIK)
• Promoting human rights of the destitute women and children (LRP-23)
• Promoting rights of the extreme socially excluded people (PRESEP)
• Shapla Kuri Child Development Centre (SKCDC)
Chanchala Mondal is the Executive Director of Shapla Mohila Sangstha (SMS).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.