Dentists for Africa e.V.Belvederer Allee 25
|Telefon:||+49 (0)3634 6048592|
|Telefax:||+49 (0)3634 6048591|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Aide pour des pays en voie de dévellopement
- Organisation d'aide
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
Dentists for Africa e.V. has the goal to offer qualified dental care by establishing dental practices and conducting oral health services for those of Africa´s population without any financial means. We support the education and advanced training of native oral health students, oral health officers, dental technicians and medical engineers by material and personal assistance. We also organize dental education, screenings and treatments of school children. Therefore we employ dental staff from Africa and Europe.
• Starting in 1999 under the name Arzt- und Zahnarzthilfe Kenya e.V we could establish eleven dental practices until today. The practices are managed by Kenyan dentists who are supported by German dental practitioners.
• A second emphasis is the mediation of transparent and individual godparentships for Kenyan orphans. Donations enable the children to go to school, acquire professional qualification and have a good future in their own country.
• Our third mainstay is the development and the operation of a self-help group for widows in Nyabondo in western Kenya. The women who are affected by HIV organize themselves, operate in self-help projects and cope with their everyday life as outsiders in a society which is mostly dominated by men.
• Together with our Franciscan project partners in Kenya we were able to establish reliable structures which provide a basis on which our projects now develop with an increasing impact. Sustainability is always our work´s main focus. We were already able transfer responsibility over certain dental units into the hands of a competent Kenyan staff.
How can you help?
• As a Dentist, Dental Assistant/Hygienist or Dental Technician: by taking part in assistance services
• As a person without a medical profession: by taking part in an assistance service in our orphans and widows project or by a god parent for a child
• Through donations
• Through joining Dentists for Africa as member and/ or by taking over responsibility for subprojects
Dentists for Africa is working as a non-profit organization and is solely financed by donations and membership fees.
Martin Riegels is the contact person of Dentists for Africa e.V..
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.