Für Frieden und GleichberechtigungLahnstr. 7
|Phone No.:||+49 (0)6426-9309009|
|Contact person:||Hildegard Schürings|
- Overnight facilities
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Antiracism, policy of integration
- Human rights
- Peace politics
Imbuto was founded in 2001 by a group of young people, particularly Rwandans (Central Africa) and people who had worked in Rwanda.
Imbuto wishes to contribute to a culture of peace and to promote dialogue between people from African societies and those from the Northern Hemisphere. We are active locally, nationally and internationally.
“Imbuto” is a word borrowed from the national languages of Burundi and Rwanda (Kinyarwanda, Kirundi). Imbuto means selected seeds, i.e. something which, when sown, will bear fruits. Symbolically, this means that with this initiative, we want to set a seed in the earth which will be watered so that it can bear good fruit.
• political education to promote international understanding.
• support for projects which contribute towards a more peaceful future for society.
• advancement and advice for groups and individuals who are committed to a constructively formed society and to non-violent conflict resolution and who increase the recognition of human rights.
• Promotion of science and research cooperation from the point of view of equality and justice, in a world that supports self-organizing networks, thus creating peace alliances.
We organize conferences, workshops and seminars on various topics: war and genocide, racism, intercultural relations, development policy, human rights, peace in the Great Lakes region of Central Africa and refugees in Germany.
In 2013, we evaluated twelve years of our activities. The comprehensive and pleasingly positive report can be found at
http://www.imbuto.net/uploads/projekte/ImbutoEvaluierung2000-2012_Auch Bäche beginnen...2013.pdf
Current Projects 2014/ 2015:
• Genocide in Rwanda 1994. Films, discussion evenings.
• Building up a network for the support of refugees and asylum seekers in 35112 Fronhausen, Landkreis Marburg-Biedenkopf, Germany.
Hildegard Schürings is the president of Imbuto
On request we can offer other net participants overnight accommodation. We can also give advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.