Auroville International (AVI) Deutschland e.V.Solmsstraße 6
|Phone No.:||+49 (0)30-41939625|
|Fax No.:||+49 (0)30 92091376|
|Contact person:||Isa Wagner|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Commune, community project
- Peace politics
- Spiritual organization
Auroville is located in south India, approx 150 kms south of Chennai (previously Madras) and 10 kms north of the town of Puducherry. Auroville is a universal township in the making, for a population of up to 50,000 people from around the world. Auroville wants to be a universal town where men and women of all countries are able to live in peace and progressive harmony above all creeds, all politics and all nationalities. The purpose of Auroville is to realise human unity.
The non-profit organisation Auroville International (AVI) Germany was founded in 1982. This world-wide network of Auroville friends and sponsors has the aim of spreading information about the town project and supporting it, as well as creating and developing contacts between Auroville and international organisations and governments. Auroville International wants to publicise the aims and ideals of Auroville throughout the world and to realise the national circumstances appropriately.
Our aims are:
• to inform the German people about this project of the future, thereby helping to make this ideal of human unity a reality, implementing Auroville's charter. We tell interested members of the public about Auroville and its ideals, report developments and try to network interested parties.
• to support Auroville financially and in non-material ways, by generating funds for the various individual projects of the experimental town and passing them on to Auroville. In particular we support the work Auroville does in the surrounding villages, for which AVI D and the associated organisation VFAVR have received several subsidies from the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation over the past years.
• to familiarize young people with Auroville and the concept of human unity and to encourage them to work for intercultural development and political commitment, in the sense of “never ending” global learning. Against this background, we regularly send out motivated volunteers within the framework of the “Weltwärts” organisation. With our support, they continue to work towards these goals on their return home.
• to inform people at home and abroad. about the latest developments in Auroville e.g. by publishing a quarterly circular
• to give members and interested visitors various opportunities to inform themselves and exchange ideas. In addition to the Berlin Sri Aurobindo Center and regional groups in various parts of Germany, annual “Auroville Days” provide an opportunity to get to know Aurovillians and to discuss current issues related to Auroville and the philosophy and practice of the Integral Yoga of Sri Aurobindo. We also offer a large selection of books, films and other media on Auroville and Integral Yoga.
Isa Wagner is on the committee of Auroville International (AVI) Germany. and is responsible for publicity.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.