Gesellschaft für bedrohte Völker (GfbV) ÖsterreichJägerstrasse 63 Top 9
|Telefon:||+43 676 428 96 87|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Droits de l'Homme
- Organisation d'aide
- Projet des médias
The Society for Threatened People (GfbV) Austria was founded on 13.02.1985 as a society based in Vienna. As an independent international human rights association, the GfbV stands up for persecuted minorities and indigenous peoples.
• We document human rights violations, inform the public and raise awareness, and promote the interests of those affected to authorities and decision makers.
•We support local efforts to strengthen the human rights of minorities and indigenous peoples and work nationally and internationally together with organizations and individuals who have similar goals
• The thematic priorities of the GfbV todayare the fight against the effects of resource extraction on indigenous peoples and minorities and the restriction of the human rights of ethnic minorities and indigenous peoples in various regions of the world.
• As an organization with consultative status with the Economic and Social Council ( ECOSOC ) of the United Nations in Geneva, the GfbV represents their concerns at the international level, takes a stand for the victims of genocide and deprivation of rights, and calls for the responsibility of Austria for human rights. It supports projects for needy victims of war and violence and provides assistance for peoples where the survival of their culture and traditions are threatened.
• It helps in disaster situations such as war, displacement, economic oppression, destruction of habitat, forced relocation, assimilation, etc. that threaten a nation or a part of a people. It promotes the self-determined economic and social development of endangered peoples. The purpose is to further the study of self-determined economic and social development .
Projects and Campaigns
• Peru: No Dirty Gold!
• Petition: Support the demands of the Australian Aboriginal Nations!
• Emergency aid North Iraq / North Syria. “They are surrounded by fire”.
• Petition: Against forced organ harvesting of political prisoners in China!
• Amazonia: No Dirty Oil!
• Senegal: Why female genital mutilation must be fought!
• Projekt update Nepal: the new sanitary installations will soon be ready.
• Roma4Roma: Empowerment for Roma & Sinti in Austria
• Basic Needs Programme: Aid for Syrian refugees in southern Lebanon.
• Philippine Project: Survival after the typhoon!
Martina Mathe is editorially active for the Society for Threatened people (GbfV)) Austria.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.