IFOR Schweiz – MIR Suisse
Gemeinsam für Gewaltfreiheit und FriedenRue du Brue 4
|Telefon:||+41 (0)32 940 7237|
|Interlocuteur:||Hans Ulrich Gerber|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Politique de la paix
- Droits de l'Homme
IFOR Switzerland is the Swiss branch of the International Fellowship of Reconciliation IFOR), a worldwide network of peace groups with spiritual roots. It connects people of different religions, beliefs and cultures, who generally reject war and all forms of violence as a means of conflict resolution. This is characterised by absolute respect for man as a part of creation, a belief in the power of love, the search for truth and the struggle for peace and social justice.
Accordingly, IFOR Switzerland fights against injustice and violence by pursuing their causes, demands the building of models promoting coexistence and identifies and practises methods of non-violent resistance against injustice and violence.
In particular, it invites the churches and other religious bodies to work actively to assist peace efforts,
IFOR Switzerland cooperates with the International Secretariat of the IFOR and supports the IFOR with an annual contribution. In all-Swiss interests it seeks to cooperate with organizations that pursue similar goals..
IFOR Switzerland seeks to achieve its aims by:
• Formation of local groups and working groups
• Lectures, conferences and courses
• Publication and distribution of papers, magazines and brochures
• Public actions and support for non-violent actions and resistance.
• Urgent appeals at national and international level as part of the solidarity work.
• Support for peace projects in conflict areas
• Networking and collaboration with other organizations having similar aims, in particular the (Christian) churches.
What we do:
• Peace education
• Human rights documentation: Support for the Tibetan Centre for Human Rights and Democracy (TCHRD)
• “Jet fighter alliance” (with IFOR Sweden – in preparation)
• Promotion and communication of non-violence as a principle of life, action and perception.
• Project module for church lessons (Suisse Romande)
• Networking and collaboration
• Support for SERPAJ: SERPAJ (Servicio de Paz y Justicia / Service for Peace and Justice) is a Latin-American network of groups and activities aiming to build up a culture of peace.
Hans Ulrich Gerber is the president of IFOR Switzerland.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.