For Intercultural Ecosphere SafetyP.O. Box 63901 - 00619; Muthaiga Mini-Market
|Phone No.:||+254 729809764|
|Contact person:||Dr. Liz Rihoy|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Commune, community project
- Educational policy/project
- Environmental project
Zeitz Foundation was founded in 2008 by the business entrepreneur Jochen Zeitz with the mission to create and support sustainable, ecologically and socially responsible projects and destinations around the world to achieve long-lasting impact and sustainability through the holistic balance of Conservation, Community, Culture and Commerce (the 4Cs) in privately managed areas.
The Zeitz Foundation delivers on its vision and mission through two inter-linked programmes, the global Long Run Initiative and the Laikipia Programme in Kenya.
• The Long Run Initiative (LRI) pursues the Zeitz Foundations mission internationally. By enhancing ecosystems management and building recognition and support for the 4Cs approach to sustainability, the LRI is creating a driving force to promote and encourage sustainable thinking globally. LRI aims to reach out into every aspect of daily life by putting into practice the Long Run philosophy of acting today for a better tomorrow.
• The Laikipia Programme, centred in the Greater Segera area of Laikipia County, Kenya, is the nursery for the Zeitz Foundation. Here innovative initiatives that encompass and represent the 4Cs approach are nurtured. When they approach maturity and show real signs of promise, the lessons and experiences are shared throughout the LRI network.
Areas of Work:
The Zeitz Foundation aims to contribute to sustainable ecosystem management by:
• Creating, strengthening and promoting a network of Long Run Destinations (LRDs) and Long Run Alliance Members (LRAMs). These are locations around the world that provide and build sustainable, mostly tourism-driven enterprises, community development and cultural stewardship.
• Developing and implementing the Global Ecosphere Retreats® certification system – a certification scheme for Long Run members which verifies their progress across the 4Cs and ensures development of best practise in sustainable tourism.
• Investing in initiatives throughout Laikipia that maintain or strengthen the integrity of ecosystems and their ability to deliver services, such as clean water and air, carbon sequestration, and healthy soils.
• Following the Zeitz Foundation philosophy, known as The Long Run - an approach to life geared at acting today for a better tomorrow.
Dr Liz Rihoy is the Executive Director of the Zeitz Foundation.
For other net participants we can offer expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information in the following field:: fundraising collaborations.