MATI e.V.Postfach 4162
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Aide pour des pays en voie de dévellopement
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
MATI, and its partner organisation MATI Bangladesh, has been working in two districts in northern Bangladesh since 1997. The projects concentrate on three areas: achieving an income, organising and running education and training programmes and basic health care.
MATI's main objective is to contribute to an improvement in living conditions for people living in rural Bangladesh and thus enable them to determine their own lives.
The realisation of this objective is achieved through projects in Bangladeshi villages, working in close cooperation with local organisations, as well as benefiting from the active support and work of our German partners.
The project work covers three main areas:
• Health care
Achieving an income:
• Women's groups – savings and loan programmes
• Agricultural projects
• Supporting those in extreme poverty
• Education for women – (dressmaking) courses for women
• Apprenticeship programmes
Education and schools:
• School programme - Mati Primary School
• AsharAlo – a ray of hope
• School meals
• School sponsorships
Activities in Germany:
• "Look beyond your own backyard" – Film with following discussion
• Platform discussion "There is enough for everyone. Why do some starve?"
Stephanie Schworm is on the committee of MATI.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of development issues and concerns, especially in relation to Bangladesh.