Society for the Promotion of Initiatives in Sustainable Development and Welfare (SOPISDEW)PO Box: 15
Elak-Oku, Bui Division of the North West Region
|Phone No.:||+237 95711314; +237 77010421|
|Contact person:||TAH Kennette KONSUM|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Environmental project
The Society for the Promotion of Initiatives in Sustainable Development and Welfare (SOPISDEW) is a non-profit created to empower local and indigenous communities. It was created in 2010 and registered as a charity in Cameroon in 2012 with registration number 08/AR/E.26/A2/PS/118.
Our vision is a rural society where the gap between the urban and rural disadvantages are narrowed down and streamlined through the spirit of volunteerism and participation.
Our mission is to collaborate with national and international organizations, institutions, communities, and individuals in the process of poverty alleviation, through the provision of health facilities and services, development of sustainable agricultural income-generating activities, education and training, and environmental development programmes, which will lead to a sustainable and stable improvement on the living standard of individuals and communities.
Key areas of strategic planning and intervention:
• Water, Sanitation and Health (WASH)
• Agriculture, Environment, Energy and Nature Conservation (AEENC)
• Tourism: Cultural and Ecotourism (TCE)
• Human Rights, Good Governance and Conflict Management (HRGGCM)
• Education and Capacity Building (ECB)
• Youth Empowerment and Volunteering (YEV)
• Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
• Designing an enabling volunteering environment in view of tackling community development challenges
• Promoting local initiatives through direction of strategic humanitarian resources for community development
• Promoting and protecting the cultural and natural heritage of rural and indigenous communities
• Promoting human rights, peace, justice and the rule of law in local communities
- Sustainable Apiculture and Agriculture Extension Service
- Sustainable Livelihood for Indigenous Communities
- Community Paralegal Practice
- Biodiversity Conservation and Environmental Restoration
- Youth, Leadership and Entrepreneurship
- Education for the Vulnerable and Underprivileged Groups
- Sustainable Tourism and Voluntourism
- Information and Communication Technology Empowerment
- Community Health
- People First Impact Method (P-FiM)
Tah Kennette Konsum is the Executive Coordinator and Co-Founder of the Society for the Promotion of Initiatives in Sustainable Development and Welfare (SOPISDEW).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.