IAMANEH SchweizAeschengraben 16
|Phone No.:||+41 61 205 60 85|
|Fax No.:||+41 61 271 79 00|
|Contact person:||Manuela Di Marco|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid for developing countries
- Educational policy/project
- Human rights
IAMANEH Switzerland is a development and cooperation organization that advocates the improvement, promotion and protection of human health.
Under the banner "If mothers are well, so are their children", IAMANEH Switzerland offers support to activities aimed at improving the health of mothers and children. One of the primary conditions for considerably improving results in the social domain is the revalorization of the role of the woman. This involves increasing women´s status in both the community and the family, as well ensuring women´s dignity and respect for their human rights. Activities are targeted to populations which are poor and disadvantaged, and to those pertaining to a religion or ideology that is unfavorable to women.
IAMANEH Switzerland primarily supports projects in countries where women and children´s health is particularly threatened because of, for example, poverty or war. Regions with high mother and child mortality rates are at the centre of our activities. Principal areas of engagement are to be found in Mali, Senegal, Togo, Burkina Faso, Bosnia and Albania.
• Safe pregnancy and childbirth
• Prevention and protection against violence
• Promoting health through access to knowledge and information
• Sustainable health through education and income
• Mali: Action against female genital mutilation / Education – the key to health
• Senegal: Counseling center for abused women and girls
• Burkina Faso: Promoting the autonomy of single mothers
• Togo: Health center and water project
• Bosnia and Herzegovina: Psychotherapy for war-traumatized women and children / Men´s centre / Training for the work with perpetrators
• Albania: Counseling center for abused women and girls
Manuela Di Marco is the Responsible in Communication at IAMANEH Schweiz.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.