Madurai Health and Leprosy Relief Centre
(MAHELERECEN)12/10 Sister Rose Second Street,Melaponnagaram
625016 Madurai-625016, Tamil Nadu
|Interlocuteur:||Dr. S. Maria Xavier Turtius|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Communauté, projet communal
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
Madurai Health And Leprosy Relief Centre (MAHELERECEN) is a non-profit charitable organization based in Madurai City, Tamil Nadu, India. MAHELERECEN does voluntary health promotion and preventive services of general health education, leprosy awareness classes, case detection, treatment and rehabilitation services for leprosy disabled among the deserving slum & rural population of Madurai District since 1991.
• To promote Leprosy eradication:
• To eradicate Leprosy from in and around the city of Madurai by Survey Education And Treatment (SET) programme and to render Hospital cure for the patients.
• To help the victims of Leprosy disabled cases and to rehabilitate them through the CBR program for self employment for them.
• To render a comprehensive hospital and immediate medical care for the general public in and around the District of Madurai while treatment of leprosy is completely free of cost for the patients, treatment of other general diseases will be billed on a standard profit making principle..
• To intent a community and family welfare programme to the public, free family planning services and immunization for the children.
• To impart health education to the people regarding communicable diseases of TB, Cholera, Typhoid, HIV/AIDS, Leprosy and general health care.
• To make the mass consciousness of general hygiene and public health.
• To promote Malaria eradication/ Cancer and Ulcer eradication
• To promote quality health education for all/ To promote wash programme
• To prevent HIV/AIDS through awareness for behaviour change
• To give quality reproductive health education
• To fight against poverty/ To fight against prostitution as a source of many illness
• To assist prisoners/To assist vulnerable women and their children
• To promote conflict management
• Health Education: IEC ( Information Education Communication ) We are conducting Health Education Programme for the school going children, Industrial workers, and also to the public regarding general health, hygiene, safe drinking water and facts about leprosy with scientific factors and other infectious diseases of TB, HIV/AIDS. We educate through giving of lectures with the help of our health education materials, pamphlets, Flip charts, flash cards, slide shows, and with public addressing system.
• Case Detection: We are doing skin checkup for the school going children to detect fresh cases. We are doing this skin checkup at every primary school.
• Free Mobile Medical Camp:
• Treatment: POD (Prevention of Deformity) We are giving every month chemotherapy treatment (MDT) to all detected cases. Every new found patient gets MDT treatment for curing the infection. This activity aims to prevent deformity through early detection and treatment. Physiotherapy treatment is also given to our deformed patients as well as active and passive exercises, wax baths and oil massages. Ulcer patients are getting ulcer dressing treatment and we advise these patients how to keep the limbs (hands &feet) without blisters and ulcers.
• Rehabilitation: We are conducting CBR (Community Based Rehabilitation) Activity programmes since 1999. We have also given loan for their self employment.
Maria Xavier Turtius is the Founder and Executive Secretary at the Madurai Health And Leprosy Relief Centre (MAHELERECEN).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.