Gender Empowerment Foundation (GEFO)Mabibo farasi; P.O Box 78970
Dar es Salaam
|Phone No.:||+255 577909; +255 (0)712-000127|
|Contact person:||Rose Nyoni|
- Overnight facilities
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Educational policy/project
- Human rights
- Women's policy
Gender Empowerment Foundation (GEFO) is a national voluntary non-profit, non-political, and non-governmental organization. GEFO is young and dynamic organization which is geared towards promotion of gender equality and poverty reduction that enhance marginalized people living standard with focus on women and girls. The Foundation was started in 2008 and officially registered in February 2010. GEFO Mbeya branch has started in 2010 immediate after the organization registration. The branch has its own management, bank accounts etc.
GEFO has six areas of operations which geared towards promotion of gender equality and poverty reduction:
• Health (HIV/AIDS, Sexual reproductive health and Malaria
• Gender Social Economic Empowerment which include: Business Development Services (BDS):- Provision of training and advisory services to small and medium scale entrepreneurs in business planning, business management, strategic pl anning, business cash flow, fundraising and capital management
• Human Rights and Good Governance
• Research and Information Generation and Dissemination/Information Technology
• Policy Advocacy: Promote the voice of voiceless people to be heard in the policy processes as well as increase effective marginalized people both women and men participating fully in policy processes (formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation)
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Also we can give an expert opinion in the field of our work.