Gesellschaft für Zusammenarbeit Alpen-HimalayaHofhaymer Allee 11/17
|Telefon:||+43 662 82 94 92|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Organisation d'aide
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Projet d'environnement
EcoHimal, the Society for Cooperation Alps – Himalaya is an international non-government organization based in Salzburg and with a sister organization in Kathmandu, Nepal. We work together with local grassroots initiatives and communities since 1992 to improve the living conditions of the local population in the Himalayan region.
• For EcoHimal the commitment towards sustainable development is the foundation for all cooperation in Nepal, Tibet and Pakistan.
• All projects pursue ecological, economic, social and cultural objectives, which are implemented together with the local population in regional development projects.
• Combating poverty and protecting biodiversity in order to ensure sensible co-existence of mankind and nature in the long term – these are the big tasks of all development cooperations
• Providing people in the Himalayas with better life conditions on a long-term basis and supporting them in taking the development of their region into their own hands – this is the mission of EcoHimal.
• EcoHimal supports development projects in the Himalayan-Hindukush regions and is actively involved in education on development policy in the Alpine countries.
Our work focuses on the following sectors:
• sustainable agriculture and regional development
• cultural cooperation
• Rural Health Program: The programme focuses on the following activities: Infrastructural measures with respect to drinking water and village hygiene; Information and awareness-raising on hygiene and health; Training and education of health workers; Improving the economic situation and food supply for the rural population; A radio campaign for far-reaching information of the people on health topics; Incorporation and utilization of traditional medicine
• World Heritage Partnership Salzburg-Patan
• Education project for street children
• Arun Project: Poverty reduction through village development in the Arun Valley
• Keshar Mahal - Garden of Dreams: In order to stop the decay and to transform the park into a "Garden of Dreams" again, EcoHimal, in cooperation with local and international experts, became engaged in restoring the entire site. A main objective has been the restoration of the valuable historic buildings and the training of local craftsmen in the various skills of restoration.
• Rolwaling Ecotourism Project
• Saving Mount Everest: Restoring Dignity to the Mountain: Liberating Mount Everest from Rubbish
• Small Hydro-power Station Thame
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.