Verein für Bildung, Kultur und Völkerverständigung (BKV) e.V.c/o Bürgerhaus Bornheide, Bornheide 76
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Antiracisme, politique d'integration
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Projet des médias
The Society for Education, Culture and International Understanding (BKV) has been registered as a non-profit organisation since January 2007.
The society's aim is to support and encourage different peoples with their different cultures to live side by side, to build up friendly contacts with Germans and other Europeans, and to cultivate and deepen these relationships. It is non-party and interdenominational and committed to the spirit of friendship and partnership. It explicitly condemns racist, extremist or terrorist activities and is opposed to every form of discrimination. It promotes and realises international understanding and cooperation between peoples.
We focus on
• Emigration, reasons for flight
• Integration, education for integration
• Cross cultural dialogue
• Learning in the field of development policy
• international understanding
These are substantiated by
• the publication of the magazine “Global”, dealing with migration and society
• organising cross-cultural events in the areas of the fine arts and the performing arts
• encouraging and supporting migration literature by translations and distribution
• providing language courses, social counselling, cross-cultural upbringing e.g. in the FUN project.
• workshops, symposia and meetings on international issues
• lexicographical work on a multilingual dictionary, language research.
Our projects in Hamburg and Schleswig Holstein:
• meetings amd symposia on integration
• "Bridges of Friendship", cultural events (readings, music, exhibitions, theatre)
• FuN "Family and Neighbourhood" cross-cultural upbringing: www.praepaed.de
• Emigration literature – translating the writings of emigrant authors. We would like to set up a department of migration literature.
• EmigrantiNetz: learning in the field of development policy
Afërdita Halimi is the president of BKV in Hamburg and environs.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.