Tokata-LPSG RheinMain e.V.
Verein zur Unterstützung indianischer Jugend-, Kultur- und Menschenrechtsprojekte & Leonard Peltier SupportGroupAschaffenburger Str. 135
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Organisation d'aide
- Droits de l'Homme
- Projet d'environnement
Tokata – LPSG Rhein-Main is the official chapter of the Leonard Peltier Defense Offense Committee in Germany.
The word TOKATA comes from the Lakota language and means “future”. And it is that which concerns our organisation. Tokata LPSG wants to make a modest contribution to an improvement in the present and future life of native Americans, with its voluntary work, the events it organises, its actions and projects and its support activities.
We have only modest resources, so it is important for us to support existing approaches and projects, ones which are dedicated to an improvement in the present and future of American Indians' lives, as well as initiating our own projects. Our focus is on projects concerned with children, young people, women, culture, the environment and human rights.
Since our merger with the "Leonard Peltier Support Group (LPSG) Rhein Main" in 2008, we have also concentrated on backing the solidarity campaign to support the human rights activist Leonard Peltier, who has been in prison – unjustly in our eyes – since 1976, along with other political prisoners from the American social movements.
On our new homepage we are going to publish information about our organisation and its activities and about Leonard Peltier and the current campaign for his release. We will report on the relationship between the anti-atomic movement, criticism of globalisation and human rights issues and further human rights topics (e.g. Mumia Abu-Jamal, the death penalty, repression of indigenous people, the Zapatista resistance … ) We are also going to publicise the dates of our concerts and other events with native American artists or speakers..
• Informative, educational and cultural events related to the history, culture, living conditions and problems of native Americans.
• Youth encounters: young native Americans and young Europeans get together.
• Organisation of educational trips
• support for native American children, youths and women and for environmental and human rights projects, by means of information and fund-raising events.
• helping with the creation and development of Indian youth culture projects
• supporting voluntary work for human rights in connection with indigenous and political prisoners in the USA, Canada and Latin America (e.g. Leonard Peltier, Mumia Abu-Jamal etc.) and in the fight against the death penalty and torture.
• supporting indigenous people in their battle for self-determination and against exploitation, racism and repression
• concerts with (Indian) musicians … and much more
Michael Koch is the spokesman for Tokata – LPSG Rhein Main.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.