Association of Voluntary Actions for Society (AVAS)Amir Kutir Lane
8200 Alekanda, Barisal
|Telefon:||+88 01711884551;+ 880 431 2173131, +880 431 2176170|
|Interlocuteur:||Rahima Sultana Kazal|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Droits de l'Homme
- Condition + projet féminin
- Projet d'environnement
Association of Voluntary Actions for Society (AVAS), in 1998 has been incepted as a not for profit, non political and community based voluntary organization. The Head Office of the organization has been established in Barisal, the south most divisional town of Bangladesh.
Our vision is an environment friendly, gender sensitive, fair and self dependent plural society.
AVAS is working with the marginalized, pro poor, handicapped, socially excluded and deprived people to establish their livelihood rights, gender equality and dignity through participatory and sharing way.
Areas of intervention
• Health Care services and Health education including prevention of HIV/AIDS & STI, Maternity & Child care, Adolescent reproductive, personal hygiene, safe water and sanitation etc.
• Combat domestic and community violence against women & children as well as provide legal aid supports.
• Build up small entrepreneurship and provide necessary supports for ensuring sustainable livelihood development.
• Protest environment pollution and provide supports for disaster management and risk reduction.
• Preserve and uphold the fundamental human rights and exercise democracy.
• Strengthen the local Govt. bodies, create accountability and transparency and reduce the level of corruption.
• Provide literacy and educational supports to the underprivileged and destitute children.
AVAS training center has been established with an aim to provide an congenial atmosphere both for the trainers and the trainees. It is equipped with all the required modern equipments, apparatus and necessary training materials.
Along with the Training Center, the Dormitory has also been established for the convenient of the trainers and trainees. AVAS Dormitory is well furnished with modern furniture and apparatus.
Rahima Sultana Kazal is the Executive Director and Founder of the Association of Voluntary Actions for Society (AVAS).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.