Interfaith Forum of Muslim and Christian Women´s Association, aka., Women´s Interfaith Forum(WIC)Shop FF9, Matz Plaza, Kachia road, Opposite Ahamdu Bello stadium,
|Phone No.:||+234 8036531407; +234 803 894 7348|
|Fax No.:||+234 803 894 7348|
|Contact person:||Omolekun Ebenezer|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Peace politics
- Educational policy/project
The Interfaith Forum of Muslim and Christian Women´s Association, a.k.a. Womens Interfaith Council (WIC) is a registered women´s faith based NGO located in Kaduna, Nigeria with the purpose of promoting peaceful coexistence especially among Muslims and Christians. We are also work on projects bordering on tolerance, non - violence, peace education, healthcare, water and sanitation; and livelihoods in the communities where we work.
A society where Muslims and Christians live together in peace, where the rights of women are respected, and where women are protagonists of peaceful coexistance.
Our aim is to provide a forum for leaders of women´s faith organizations, and eventually also members, to come together in sincere and concrete dialogue (ecumenical and interreligious), and together, from the perspective of their respective faiths, identify and address conflict and women's common and specific poverty-related concerns.
• Faith Leaders Forum: To provide a forum for leaders and members of Muslim and Christian women´s faith organizations to come together in sincere and concrete dialogue.
• Conflict Transformation: To enable Muslim and Christian women´s faith groups to work together in the peace-building process to address issues that are causing conflict.
• Women´s Concern: To facilitate Muslim and Christian women´s faith organizations to work together to concretely address women´s common concerns.
What we do:
• Muslim and Christian women, members of faith groups, together regularly to grow in understanding and friendship and to discuss diverse themes related to conflict, peace and women´s common concerns.
• Provide Conflict Transformation training to the leaders of women´s faith groups through workshops and resource materials. The training includes guidelines on how to ´step-down´ the training received to the members of their faith groups.
• Provide training and experience of Interfaith Peace building and Spirituality to the leaders of women´s faith groups through workshops and resource materials so that they in turn can transmit this training to the members of their faith groups.
• Sensitize key stakeholders of women´s faith groups, including male religious, traditional and political leaders, about the need for interreligious dialogue and for women´s participation in the same.
• Reach out to market women, youth groups, farmers and other grassroots groups to sensitize them about the need for us to collaborate with one another as people of faith.
• Encourage the youth and other members of our faith communities to be ambassadors of faith and of dialogue particularly through our testimony and commitment to our own faith community and to the Interfaith Council.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.