Stiftung Ökologie & Landbau (SÖL)Weinstrasse Süd 51
67098 Bad Dürkheim
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Organisation de l'environnement
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Projet d'environnement
In 1991 three existing foundations were united into the present Foundation Ecology & Agriculture ("Stiftung Ökologie & Landbau", SÖL). SÖL is a non-profit, independent institution that promotes and encourages research.
SÖL is involved with the initiation and dissemination of sustainable developments. Since the 1970s SÖL has been active in the field of organic agriculture. It considers the effects of organic agriculture on soil, water and climate and presents it as a significant alternative to present agricultural policies.
For many years, publishing books and journals on organic farming, food and environmental issues was a major part of the work. Networking and cooperating with actors in the organic sector has always been an important concern. This has led to the involvment in a number of projects. Together with other persons and organisations, SÖL contributes its expertise and experience to initiatives which further the development of organic agriculture.
We are involved in the following activities:
• documentation of experience and knowledge about organic agriculture,
• incorporation and transmission of knowledge through various media,
• conducting own research projects,
• close collaboration with important actors in the sector of organic agricul-ture,
• pedagogic activities on the SÖL-school farm "Gut Hohenberg" for the education of future generations
• We inform via books, journals, dossiers, websites. SÖL distributes professional information about organic agriculture by publishing the journal Ökologie & Landbau (Ecology & Agriculture), book series such as "Ökologische Konzepte" (Ecological concepts) and "Praxis des Öko-Landbaus" ("Organic farming in practice"), several periodicals such as The World of Organic Agriculture and on the Internet.
• We train newcomers, advisors, farmers. Organic agriculture training is one of SÖL´s main activities.
• We initiate expert groups, scientific conferences. A major undertaking of SÖL is the setting up of seminars and conferences where people with different interests can get together, exchange knowledge and experiences of organic farming and develop new ideas.
• We manage commissioned work for the federal states of Germany and the German government. Through the contribution of its knowledge, SÖL actively participates in a wide range of activities. On behalf of the German government, SÖL coordinates 100 farms that serve as examples of organic farming to the public, organises seminars for young farmers and works on the website www.oekolandbau.de. SÖL also performs studies and offers expert opinions.
• We develop research projects. SÖL Research projects continuously help develop the knowledge of organic farming. The long term research project "Project Ecological Soil Management" (PÖB) carried out between 1994 and 2004 investigated and demonstrated ecological soil management techniques. In other projects, business methods and models for farms are developed and tested in practice.
• We connect different groups within the agricultural trade. SÖL aims to encourage and improve the collaboration between organisations, which often follow different interests, in order to strengthen organic agriculture at large. A very important project is the building up of an organic advisor network to promote the economic development of organic farms and co-operation within organic consultancy.
Saskia Beuttler is the Office-Manager at the Foundation Ecology & Agriculture ("Stiftung Ökologie & Landbau", SÖL).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.