Women´s Room - Center for Sexual Rights
Ženska soba - centar za seksualna pravaMaksimirska 51 a
10 000 Zagreb
|Telefon:||+385 (0)1/ 61 19 174|
|Telefax:||+385 (0)1/ 61 19 175|
|Interlocuteur:||Maja Vukmanic Rajter|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Organisation d'aide
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Condition + projet féminin
Women´s Room is a non-governmental, feminist, non-profit organization established at the end of 2002 with the aim of empowerment of women and raising awareness of institutions and general public about women’s sexuality and sexual rights through education, research, advocacy and public work. The Women´s Room provides direct and indirect assistance and support to victims of sexual violence. The vision of the Women´s Room is a society free from patriarchy, discrimination, misogyny and gender-based violence, where individual choice is the fundamental value.
Areas of work:
• Protection of human rights with an emphasis on women´s human rights;
• Combating sexual violence: development of public policy and effective practice in working with victims of sexual violence, direct work with the victims, and development of preventive mechanisms and programs;
• Promotion and protection of sexual rights pursuant to the Declaration of Sexual Rights, including the sexuality of women and sexual and gender minorities.
• Elimination of against all forms of sex, gender and sexual discrimination;
• Empowerment of women in exercising their fundamental human rights;
• Prevention of sexual violence against women and sexual and gender minorities;
• Promotion and protection of sexual rights pursuant to the Declaration of Sexual Rights;
• Provision of direct help to women who have survived sexual violence;
• Introduction of comprehensive and inclusive sexual education based on scientific facts,
• Promotion of positive attitudes on female sexuality, sexual health and freedom of choice
• Elimination of discrimination based on gender expression and/or identity, sexual orientation, and intersexual characteristics;
• Empowerment of LGBTIQ persons in exercising their fundamental human rights.
• Scholarly research
• Direct work with victims of sexual violence
• Development of public policy against sexual violence through public works, lobbying and networking
Maja Vukmanić Rajter is the Coordinator of the Center for Victims of Sexual Violence of Women´s Room.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.