Support Organisation for Non-formal Needed EducationFranzosengraben 2/3/Top 5
|Phone No.:||+43 676 3500 302; +43 1 798 518 3|
|Fax No.:||+43 699 194 560 52|
|Contact person:||Armin Mösinger|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Human rights
"SONNE - International" – Support Organisation for Non-formal Needed Education - is a non profit aid organisation based in Vienna and founded in 2001. We support education programmes, medical projects and rural development projects worldwide. The core of our work, however, centres on the education of disadvantaged young people.
SONNE-International's efforts are especially aimed at areas of life which serve to provide a livelihood for families. This always involves human rights, which we in Europe generally take as a matter of course but which are dreams for the future in many parts of the world. They include the right to education, health care, income, and, of course, freedom. All of SONNE-International's activities aim to help people in the mainly remote project regions to help themselves, thus enabling them to have a self-determined, hopeful life.
• We campaign for a world in which everyone has access to clean water, food, health care, education and work.
• In this way, we try to make our contribution to the UN Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
• We cooperate with reliable local partners in our project countries and work out the projects with them. The focus of our projects is on education and training as well as on medical care for the people.
• In particular we support young women in respect of their individual climatic, geographic and cultural problems.
• We help people to help themselves.
• Ethiopia: Mobile Literacy; Mobile Hygiene / Female Genital Mutilation enlightenment work: basic medical care; home for schoolchildren
• Bangladesh: Chittagong Hill Tracts village school; School project in Jhenaighati; child sponsorship project; computer training; advancement of women; sport project
• Myanmar: child care, health care, vocational training
• India: School project
Armin Mösinger is the Project Coordinator for SONNE – International.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.