die FleckenbühlerFleckenbühl 6
|Phone No.:||+49 (0)6427 9221-0|
|Fax No.:||+49 (0)6427 9221-150|
|Contact person:||Marcus Heil|
- Overnight facilities
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Educational policy/project
- Commune, community project
- Aid organization
The non-profit organisation “The Fleckenbühler” supports the ideal and material conditions for living together in the community and secures the model for the future. An open, down-to-earth community. That's what we Fleckenbühler are.
What we offer is simple: we take in drug addicts, whatever their life situation. And then we help them to remain off drugs in the long term and to determine their own lives. Our own previous addiction experiences are a help. We Fleckenbühler have made a decision to live without drugs, alcohol and tobacco and to take our fate into our own hands.
“The Fleckenbühler” has been in existence since 1984. Back then, a small group of addicts laid the foundation of this unique self-help organisation by taking over the management of the Fleckenbühl farm. Since then, the community has grown steadily, and now has a house in Frankfurt, a youth centre and a kindergarten.
• Our working community is able to offer a range of self-produced goods and professional services in the Frankfurt / Marburg area of Germany; biodynamic agricultural products, ceramic articles as well as a removal service. The high quality of our products attracts more and more customers.
• Self help: the real experts for a problem are those affected by it themselves. They know the difficult living situation from their own experiences. And they are most aware of the possible solutions. That is why we Fleckenbühler consistently turn to self help. We assume that drug addicts are not helplessly ill. Everyone affected is able to acquire the necessary abilities and knowledge to be able to lead a contented life free of drugs.
• “Zweckbetrieb” (taxable business) is a technical term for an enterprise in the non profit-making area With our “Zweckbetriebs” we follow two aims: one important task for our addiction self-help group is to promote schooling and job qualification and training. The second task for our “Zweckbetriebs” is to earn money to pay for our living costs.
Marcus Heil is in charge of publicity work for The Fleckenbühler.
On request we can offer other net participants overnight accommodation. We can also offer advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.