Students´ Forum Institute (SFI)Jerusalem-Hebron Street, POBox 603
|Phone No.:||+972 (0)2-2751882|
|Fax No.:||+972 (0)2-2751882|
|Contact person:||Israa Salhab|
- Overnight facilities
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Educational policy/project
- Peace politics
- Women's policy
Students´ Forum Institute (SFI) is a civil, non-profit organisation founded in Bethlehem in 2004. It seeks to develop the capacity of Palestinian students and youth in all areas of education, society and politics.
The Forum promotes democracy, the rule of law and good governance by fostering effective participation of youth and university students through awareness raising, advocacy, lobbying, training, youth exchange, development of creative community initiatives.
• We work to support and promote democracy Palestinian society, based on justice and equality through political empowerment, confidence enhancement and capacity building of Palestinian youth and students.
• We believe in a democratic Palestinian society that supports youth participation and recognizes youth rights.
• We believe in the UN´s Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
• We believe in tolerance, diversity, voluntary work, transparency, justice, social responsibility, accountability, equality and the rule of law
• To increase youth and university student participation in civil and political life.
• To enhance youth and student abilities and their academic and employability skills.
• To activate and improve youth and student civic participation and increase awareness of the concepts of citizenship and pluralism.
• To build capacities of Students´ Forum Institute and its staff and to improve its sustainability and internal systems.
The programming of SFI falls into the following main categories:
• Political participation of youth
• Civic participation of youth
• Creative initiatives for youth
• Service learning (practical work experience in the third sector)
• International and intranational youth exchanges
• Youth parliament
• National policies for pioneers and youths through the Inter-Parliamentary and "Youth for Change" projects.
• Academic and vocational guidance, through the "Academic and Career Guidance" project for high school students, language and computer courses such as training on using accounting software.
• Cultural exchange and intercultural learning through the involvement in international cooperation e.g. with the European Student´s Forum (AEGEE) and internship programs.
• Youth Summer camps inside and outside Palestine to improve their capacity and leadership skills.
Israa Salhab is the Projects Coordinator of the Students´ Forum Institute.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Also we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.