People in Peril Association Slovakia (PIPA)Baštova 5
811 03 Bratislava
|Telefon:||+421-2-55 42 22 54|
|Telefax:||+421-2-55 64 77 07|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Organisation d'aide
- Droits de l'Homme
- Politique + projet d'éducation
People in Peril Association (PIPA) is a non-profit civil society association, established in Slovakia in 1999.
Our mission is to provide effective support to those who suffer the consequences of natural catastrophes, conflicts and authoritarian regimes. Through our activities in Slovakia we strive to contribute to forming an open, tolerant and philanthropic solidary society.
The basic principles of our work are direct aid and effective use of financial means.
What we do:
• We help in disaster areas of the world.
• We address the immediate needs of people affected by humanitarian emergencies, both in Slovakia and elsewhere in the world.
• We support the right of women and men to lead a dignified life.
• We address roots of the problem, not just the consequences.
Human Rights Support:
• We promote solidarity with people in their struggle for freedom.
• We open up schools to global topics and their broader contexts.
• We contribute to educating the upcoming generation of young open-minded people who realize their responsibilities in today´s globally interconnected world.
Information, Campaigns & Events:
• Reflektor – open discussions on hot topics
• TEDx Conference
• Pohoda Festival
• Človek v čajovni – informal debates for everyone
• One World Documentary Film Festival: We are changing the world – this is the main theme of the 14th One World Film Festival. Throughout the world - and also in Slovakia -, civil activism is on the rise.
We are active all over the world in countries in Asia, America, Africa and Eastern Europe.
Jana Karelová is the Director of People in Peril Association (PIPA).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.