Sanayee Development Organization (SDO)House # 408, Street # 6 Taimani Road,
|Telefon:||+93 - (0) 20 220 1693; +93 (0) 700220638|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Politique de la paix
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
Sanayee Development Organization (SDO) is a registered Afghan development non-governmental and non-profit organization. Established in 1990, SDO has been serving vulnerable and disadvantaged people in the sectors of education, peace building, community development and community health, in remote and underserved rural areas of Afghanistan. SDO´s service delivery is based on honesty, commitment, equality, the promotion of peace & non-violence and respect for the Islamic values and positive culture of our people.
SDO´s vision is of a Peaceful, Free and Developed Afghanistan based upon (Islamic and good Afghan cultural) values. The population would live in peace, sustain themselves with dignity and be able to manage their own development, and that of the society in which they live, by being aware and responsible citizens.
SDO´s mission is to contribute to the emergence of a peaceful, developed and self-sustaining Afghan society through professional engagement in the sectors of Peace Building, Community Health, Education and Community Development.
What we do:
• Peace Building: Our organization supports sustainable, community-driven approaches to peace-building. We focus on developing local grass roots structures to produce non-violent resolution of local conflicts, as well as promoting publications, events and sports activities that encourage people-to-people connection as well as promoting publications, events and sports activities that encourage people-to-people connections and peaceful conflict transformation. Our projects promote inter-ethnic dialogue, do-no-harm approaches, and awareness of issues affecting women and human rights.
• Education: Literacy Program for Girls and Women, Vocational Training
• Community Health: SDO initially started its health services in January 2002 through implementation of a Nutrition Project. Simultaneously, SDO implemented another health project called "Mobile Health Clinics" in 7 districts of Kabul. Another project SDO has been implementing is HIV/AIDS Harm Reduction project in Kabul Pul-e Charkhi prison since August 2008. Through this project SDO provides a package of Harm Reduction Services with substitution therapy for injecting drug users (IDUs) aimed at preventing the spread of HIV in selected locations.
• Community Development: The strength of SDO lies in its important tool box of methodologies for community capacity building addressing organizational development, project cycle management, vocational training, mediation, peace-building and community development.
• Capacity Building: Since 1999 many workshops such as Peace Building, Negotiation, Mediation, Conflict Resolution, Do No Harm, Community Mobilization, Gender, Training of Trainers (TOT), Monitoring and Evaluation and many more have been conducted for different levels through Education and Peace Building programs.
• National Solidarity Program (NSP): The stated development objective of the NSP is to build, strengthen, and maintain Community Development Councils (CDCs) as effective institutions for local governance and social-economic development.
• Peace Curriculum: The aim of the peace education curriculum is to improve the peace awareness level among the students, and to enhance their motivation towards peace building, eliminating of violence, respecting to human rights, establishing trust and cooperation with fellow peers, transmitting peace narratives to their families, reducing prejudice and discrimination, creating patriotic civic spirit and converting the culture of violence and war to a culture of peace.
• Football for Peace
Hadia Kakar is a Program Assistant of Sanayee Development Organization (SDO).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.