Bildungswerk Westafrika e.V. (BWWA)
Partnerverein in Benin: Ecole de la SolidaritéNeue Bergstr. 7
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Antiracisme, politique d'integration
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Aide pour des pays en voie de dévellopement
To support the work of Astrid Toda in West Africa friends and supporters have created the NPO “Bildungswerk Westafrika e.V.”
The corporation supports the following charitable purposes: promotion of education, vocational training and the assistance for students, the international attitude, tolerance in all fields of culture and international understanding, development cooperation.
• the NPO supports education through the construction of solid school buildings, formation centers, health care centers in rural areas of the Republic of Benin under the commitment and active participation of the village communities. The importance of girls attending classes is especially emphasized. When village communities are selected for cooperation with the NPO, they have to make a written promise that they will send their daughters abundantly to school once the new buildings are constructed. To strengthen this program a poster, t-shirts and a school song have been created in cooperation with the German ministry of economic cooperation and development.
• Some other projects are: a sponsorship program mostly for gifted children of poor families, women project or the project of recycled plastic bags, cultivation of artemisia annua against malaria, use of EM in agriculture, organizing reading competitions or soccer games, etc.
• the NPO tries to change the image of Africa by educating through speeches, talks, and discussions at schools and societies,
• the NPO tries to generate understanding for a society that is not that different from the European one. The NPO informs on African history. Development aid in its existing form as well as solutions for improvement are been discussed.
Wolfgang Rieve is the chairperson of the NPO “Bildungswerk Westafrika e.V.”.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.