Freundeskreis für Internationale Tuberkulosehilfe e.V.
c/o Jörg PreussHügelstraße 4
|Contact person:||Luan Vo Nguyen Quang|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Educational policy/project
The Association for the International Control of Tuberculosis, founded in 2012, is registered in Germany as a non-profit organisation. Our work is based on a vision of a world which is free from tuberculosis (TB).
Our society's mission is to promote the advancement of TB prevention and to avert its spread, especially that of the resistant varieties. We perform our task with the objective of strengthening general understanding and awareness of TB and the threat of TB in this country. We also promote the work of organisations fighting against TB in developing countries, by raising funds to support their work financially.
As a Friends' Association, the core area of our work lies mainly in the ideological and financial promotion of non-profit organisations and their humanitarian aid and development projects for the alleviation, control and prevention of tuberculosis.
These advances will be achieved particularly by the procurement of borrowed funds and donations, as well as by carrying out publicity work of all kinds. We try to reach our goal through three basic activities:
• Awareness events: we organise these to increase public knowledge about TB, the extent of the disease, recognising symptoms, avoiding infection, which, for example, can easily happen during a holiday in a third world country.
• Financial backing: our second core activity is of course raising money which will be passed on to organisations involved in the battle against TB and which fulfil our criteria of effectiveness, innovation and transparency.
• Supporting projects on the ground: the local partner organisations are supported by volunteers, as some expertise is not available or affordable locally. We try to train local people and thus to achieve a transfer of knowledge which will help to make our work sustainable in the long term.
• India: our first project was to support the ASHA operation, which is an Indian-American development aid organisation. The main task of that organisation consists of the prevention and treatment of TB in city slums (or poor districts) as well as poor rural regions in India and Cambodia.
• Vietnam: implementation of a project to combat TB
• Planned projects: we are planning to support further projects in developing countries. However, our society is going to increase its involvement in Germany, with organisations such as German Leprosy and Tuberculosis Aid or Tuberculosis World Trust, and to support their work by cooperation or direct promotion.
Luan Vo Nguyen Quang is the president of the Association for the International Control of Tuberculosis.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.