Eco RuralisStr. David Ferenc, nr 10, ap. 5
400102 Cluj-Napoca, Jud. Cluj
|Phone No.:||+40 264 599 204|
|Contact person:||Attila Szocs|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Environmental organization
- Environmental project
- Educational policy/project
Eco Ruralis is a grassroots association made up of small farmers who practice organic and traditional farming based on environmentally conscious principles. Eco Ruralis was founded in April of 2009 in Cluj-Napoca, Romania by farmers from all parts of the country.
Eco Ruralis stands for farmers´ right to practice environmentally friendly agriculture. This includes the right to use, multiply and distribute traditional seeds, the pursuit of strict biosafety regulations (without genetically modified organisms); the preservation of food sovereignty in Romania; and respect for consumer health.
• Lobbying to promote the interests of peasants in Romania and Eastern Europe regarding the debate over the Common Agricultural Policy;
• Distribution and monitoring of traditional seeds;
• Continuation of the volunteer program at organic and traditional farms - WWOOF Romania
• Organizing meetings and forums for Romanian peasants
• Exchange of experience between Romanian peasants and peasants from other places.
• Traditional Seeds: The importance of traditional, peasant seeds is undeniable. Eco Ruralis collects and distributes traditional seeds to peasants and urban garden keepers from all over the country, contributing to the conservation and revitalization of this rich patrimony of our Earth, our food and our culture.
• WWOOF: Willing Workers on Organic Farms (WWOOF) is an international exchange program that helps put small farmers in contact with volunteers. Farmers benefit through the added labor, and in return volunteers are given a place to stay and food to eat. Both the farmers and the volunteers benefit through the experience and the exchange of skills and ideas.
• Weekends at Malin: In partnership with Eco Ruralis and the Romanian Permaculture Association, we invite you to celebrate Weekends in the Countryside.
• FanFest Rosia Montana: FânFest is a festival which takes place annually at Rosia Montana, the celebrate the cultural patrimony and the exceptional value of the area, along with its biodiversity and beauty.
• Turda Fest: Turda Fest was launched in order to revive the tradition of festivals full of colors, very important for life in Transylvania before 1940. This festival encourages the development of sustainible agriculture, at the same time celebrating the multicultural character of Transylania.
• Transylvanian Brunch: An initiative of the Local Action Group association Microregion Hartibaciu in order to promote the Hartibaciu Valley and local products (especially the producers from BioCoop Sibiu).
• Producers Fairs: Eco Ruralis prepares a list of fairs which take place around the country for small organic or traditional producers.
Attila Szocs is the Eco Ruralis Administrator.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.