Friends Of The Environment and Culture (F.O.T.E.C)29 Dundas Street
|Telefon:||+232 – 25-207-393; +232-76-635-937/76-719-996|
- possibilité passer la nuit
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Organisation de l'environnement
- Projet d'environnement
Friends of the Environment and Culture (FOTEC) is an NGO, formed in 2009, that works at the grassroots on environmental management and protection, including inland valley swamp cultivation and management, community waste management and environmental health.
Our mission is to promote and advance environmental management and sustainable development by adopting appropriate method of land use, conservation of biodiversity, proper waste disposal etc. through sensitization and education with the total involvement of communities, technocrats, stakeholders etc.
• Environmental protection and management
• Afforestation and economic tree planting; Help farmers and communities to diversify livelihood activities and adopt good agricultural, fishing, forestry practices by encouraging better water management, soil conservation, resilient crops and trees
• Waste management schemes
• Water and sanitation
• Environmental health
• Response to and prevention of sexual and gender based violence in Sierra Leone.
• Promote cultural heritage throughout the country
• Strengthening national games reserves for eco & cultural tourism, and build up the capacity of our local communities.
• Provide HIV/AIDS prevention, care and support to the communities in which FOTEC/SL is operating.
• To build the capacity of rural communities across the country to monitor, document and report environmental rights violations.
• Formation of environmental school clubs
• Inland valley swamp cultivation (agriculture)
• Coastal wetland conservation & management
• The distribution of solar equipment for water purification and heating in urban slum communities will reduce the rate of child morbidity and mortality. SOLVATTEN Solar Safe Water System is a patented, scientifically-proven Swedish invention, which uses solar energy (heat and UV), filtration and turbulence to treat contaminated water. The unique Solvatten technology offers the opportunities to address environmental and social needs at the same time.
Michael James is the Project Manager of F.O.T.E.C..
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Also we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.