Sustainable Peace & Development Organization (SPADO)House 277, Street 6, F-10/3
|Phone No.:||+92 51 2293658-9; +92 300 9598429|
|Fax No.:||+92 51 8431702|
|Contact person:||Raza Shah Khan|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Peace politics
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
Sustainable Peace & Development Organization (SPADO) is a non-profit, non-political, and non-government organization registered in 2002. SPADO aims at providing a peaceful environment to all human beings especially those living in poverty and marginalized communities, where they can utilize their potentials for sustainable development. It involves general public, organizations and individuals and operates under Pakistani law without discrimination on the basis of religion, race, color, nationality and ethnicity.
Since its inception, SPADO is actively involved in addressing the issues of peace, non-violence, mutual co-existence and arms control at national, regional and international levels. SPADO has actively contributed to various regional and international peace and disarmament initiatives both within and outside the United Nations system. SPADO being a peace and development organization has the capacity, interest and will to contribute towards emergency, relief, rehabilitation and development interventions. SPADO has always remained on the forefront to respond to the crisis after the earthquake, floods and conflicts in FATA and KPK. Some of the major areas of operation of SPADO include:
• Advocacy and awareness
• Capacity Building on Conflict Resolution, Non-Violence and Mediation
• Youth empowerment and capacity building
• Religion and Peacebuilding
• Child Protection
• Mine Action in landmines affected tribal and conflict affected areas of KPK
• Media Engagement
• Research, Survey and Data Collection
• Human and Institutional Development
• Pak Afghan Youth Exchange Program
• Training of Trainers Workshop on Conflict Management
• Developing a Network of Conflict Resolution Mediators
• Pak-Afghan Dialogue Initiative
• Protection of Children Affected by Armed Conflict in FATA and KPK
• Mine Risk Education
• Relief Rehabilitation and Disaster Management
• Research Projects
Raza Shah Khan is the Executive Director of Sustainable Peace and Development Organization (SPADO).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.