Green Desert e.V.Zur Bettfedernfabrik 3
|Telefon:||+49(0)511 / 16 43 194|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Aide pour des pays en voie de dévellopement
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Projet d'environnement
The non-profit organisation Green Desert has been working in Gambia since 2008 to develop decentralised, as far as possible simple, technical solutions in the areas of water, agricultural and energy infrastructure.
The aim is, together with the local people, to develop and implement sustainable concepts adapted to local conditions in the areas concerned. The transfer and exchange of acquired knowledge is central to this.
Our organisation acts as a scientific and technological forum, oriented towards (ecological) sustainability, which demands a worldwide transfer of regenerative energy and which participates in working out the details of agricultural concepts for ecological cultivation. Problem scouting, networking and local implementation form the basis of our work. By networking we mean in particular collaboration with local NGOs who already have experience of local problems.
• Green Desert is primarily involved in development cooperation and supports other projects and organisations by relaying currently available knowledge. The aim is to prepare, spread and implement such knowledge as efficiently as possible. Green Desert operates as a network creator and advisor, linking research and development schemes in a meaningful way.
• In addition, Green Desert concerns itself with various projects whose primary aim is to give people in arid areas access to drinking and tap water, the people themselves being responsible for and administering the schemes.
• Collaboration with the Gambian organisation Project Lighthouse Gambia: integrative workshops on the subjects of “Basic knowledge of plants and soils” “Cultivating medicinal herbs and building a drying oven”, “Building and maintaining a compost toilet”.
• Facts which are often overlooked by industrial and scientific researchers can nevertheless be integrated into the organisation's development work. They can and should be investigated open endedly within the framework of projects.
• Development of a modular, solar desalination plant.
• Chinese hand-cranked pump for transporting water
• Savonius rotor
• Green Desert is making increased efforts to organise workshops which are open to other organisations and to external people who are interested and which serve to convey and exchange knowledge and experience.
• Green Desert & “Lebenshilfe Werkstatt Seelze” - an integrative workshop on the subject of building a small wind generator.
Simone Hoffmann is the president of Green Desert.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.