Building in Knowledge, Attitude and Skill for HealthPO Box 28, Green Pastures Complex
|Phone No.:||+977-61- 431052; +977 61 430562|
|Fax No.:||+977-61- 430940|
|Contact person:||Prakash Wagle|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
"BIKASH" stands for Building In Knowledge Attitude & Skills for Health. BIKASH is a Nepali word which means “Development”. BIKASH, formerly known as Green Pastures Training Center is a non-governmental organization which became independent from International Nepal Fellowship (INF) in 2005.
BIKASH Nepal is a non-profit NGO providing training to the service providers involved in health care and rehabilitation services. BIKASH exists to provide appropriate health care and rehabilitation services to people living with leprosy, tuberculosis, disability and HIV/AIDS through developing high standard skills and knowledge of service providers.
BIKASH Nepal is an independent, dignified and sustainable regional resource centre with affiliation to state owned institutes to improve individual and institutional competency in participation with the community, professionals, service providers, social workers and the survivors in providing appropriate health care, rehabilitation and socio-economic services to marginalized people particularly aiming at leprosy, disabilities, HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis.
BIKASH Nepal´s vision
BIKASH exists to develop human resources in order to serve people living with severe forms of ailment affecting physical, mental and socio-economic aspects of life so that they enjoy their rights with dignity and full potential.
Objectives and goals:
• BIKASH Nepal will continue to develop efficient and competent service providers in the fields of leprosy, disability, HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis to furnish quality services in preventive, curative and rehabilitative sectors at national and regional level.
• BIKASH Nepal will have been established as a functional organisation on the basis of evidences, practices and facts through conducting various reviews, studies and researches in areas the organisation works.
• BIKASH Nepal will ensure for possessing adequate resources to own its land and building by the end of the 1st five years so that it will have decent training facilities and office space during the 2nd five year plan period along with the true sense of financially sustaining institution.
• Rehabilitation and Prevention of Disability
• Basic Training in Dermatology
• Community Based Rehabilitation
• Disability Rights and Advocacy Skills Training (DRASTIC)
• Leprosy Training for Medical Doctors/Senior Leprosy Staff
• Monitoring and Evaluation in Disability and Development
• Basic Leprosy Training for Basic Health Services (BHS) staff
Prakash Wagle is the Executive Director of BIKASH Nepal.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.