Deutsche Unfall-und Katastrophenopfer Hilfe e.V. (DUK-Hilfe e.V.)Birkenweg 3
|Telefon:||+49 (0) 6181 - 2947590|
|Telefax:||+49 (0) 69-9999997569|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Organisation d'aide
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
German Aid for Victims of Accidents and Disasters (DUK) was founded in 2005 by the President of the organisation, Jens Maspfuhl, who had a serious accident in Thailand on 17.11 2003. Since then, he has been paralysed from the waist down and is confined to a wheelchair. He and his family founded the organisation in order to represent the disabled, to promote their inclusion in society, to support sport for the disabled and to help disabled people in Thailand.
DUK campaigns for the inclusion of the disabled (especially wheelchair users) in our society. To this end, we work closely together with the media, to raise awareness and reduce fear of contact. We are happy to give advice in the following subjects: barrier-free buildings; jobs for the disabled; travelling for the disabled. We also encourage sport for the disabled and a project for disabled people in Thailand.
• Golfkids United: furthering the inclusion of children with and without disability by means of golf.
• Helping the young Ms Nuch in Thailand, who has been paralysed from the neck down since an accident. We seek to strengthen her with physiotherapy, so that she can sit in a wheelchair. We are trying to acquire an E-wheelchair, so that she can take part in social life once more .
• Wheelchairs for Thailand: we have been able to collect many wheelchairs and aids, which are to be shipped to Thailand in a container at the end of October. In Thailand we are working with the Father Ray Foundation to distribute the wheelchairs personally to those who really need them.
• Donations for Nicky B (Philippine): the surfing instructor Nicky B. had had a serious accident on his moped and was lying in hospital. He was not insured and so receiving no help. His German friends, including Stefan, from Germany, helped him by raising money. This donation campaign was led by DUK, and resulted in a total of over 5,000 Euro.
• Fitness area for disabled children and students: together with the German Embassy in Bangkok, we have been able to build a fitness area. Students can now improve their fitness after school. The apparatus has been made wheelchair-friendly.
• Fitness programme for paraplegics and those with neurodegenerative conditions at the Frankfurt-on-Main Sport University.
Jens Maspfuhl is the founder and president of German Aid for Victims of Accidents and Disasters (DUK).
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.